1997 on ebay

Bid has been going up all day on this one. When I first checked it this morning it was at $1500 now its at $2375. It will be interesting to see what this goes for.

I am guessing that he had some tig welding done on that tunnel, because he removed the decals and repainted the entire tunnel. If you look close, all of the rivets on the tunnel are painted. It did not come that way from Yamaha.

Carl,
Makes me wonder what the VIN# is. Could this be the one from the dealership with the torn tunnel?

i was jst thinking the same thing (reguarding tunnel work) with no tunnel decals and the mounting bolts for the suspension looking to be painted red.... or maybe its jst my eyes :)

Last edited:
Carl,
Makes me wonder what the VIN# is. Could this be the one from the dealership with the torn tunnel?

Donovan-

No it's not the 97 Vmax-4 from IA that had the big tear in tunnel. ( I have attached a picture of the 97 in IA---This NOT this the 97 for sale above) Jamie---Jbic-- purchased this one from NY and had delivered to IL this past fall. I have talked to Jamie and I'm pretty sure he just did a cosmetic repair to the tunel. As you can see in the attachd picture the 97 from IA would need a major repair of tunnel repalcement.

PS---I hope the buyer of this finds this forum, b/c he can get those tunnel decals back on the tunel for under $100 thanks to Tom at TNT and of course all the help from Jst4fun!

Attachments

• 97 4sale -tunnelDMG.JPG
    97 4sale -tunnelDMG.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Tunnel aside, which is interesting, the motor and bay would suggest light use, those springs across the expansion pipe haven't seen much serious heat

Back