2 VMAX-4 800 for $1k each, both with M10 susp

mjdevries

These look pretty nice.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/for/3650908880.html

[h=2]Yamaha VMAX4 For Sale - $1000 (Toledo)[/h]

3Ef3I93Jc5Ld5E95J4d31064bd38602ef186b.jpg

YES IT WAS A STEAL!!

I O U mjdevries!! Thanks for the lead!

I only have a 2-place trailer so I have to go back tomorrow for the rest of the goodies...

Attachments

• front Vmax4s.jpg
    front Vmax4s.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 177
  • rear Vmax4s.jpg
    rear Vmax4s.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 177
Both sleds are very clean. Miles are a little higher than my '96 but the owner has had these for several years and has been meticulous about maintenance. To the point of re-ringing them every 2k miles. '93-7kmiles, '95-5900miles. Seats are decent, skiis near perfect, hoods nice and bodies very good overall. The '95 has Wilwood hydraulic brake setup/M10 & '93 has Bender silencer/M10.

Colors of the M10s are a little different than what I have seen but for the price I was very happy. Both sleds have had little use for a couple years so I will be going through the carbs prior to any riding...pretty easy now that the snow is gone!

My 13 year old is REAL happy!

Attachments

• 93 front.jpg
    93 front.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 95 R front.jpg
    95 R front.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 95 96 93 VMax4 pic.jpg
    95 96 93 VMax4 pic.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Congratulations on a great deal! I thought I was going to go have to raid my piggy bank for that one. Glad someone who will appreciate them and take care of them has them now!

Shark

Congrats I will give you 1000 for the 95 if you need to make room
G

Last edited:
Great buy! I love buying sleds in the spring. It's a buyers market. I've picked up 3 sleds and a quad in the last month and have only spent $3000. My wife needs to keep me off of Craigslist.

Great buy! I love buying sleds in the spring. It's a buyers market. I've picked up 3 sleds and a quad in the last month and have only spent $3000. My wife needs to keep me off of Craigslist.

holy sh.. time for a road trip

Thanks Mark for the complements.
turch, if my wife really does kick me out as she is threatening, I will give you first dibs on that $1K '95...LOL
bchita, timing was everything for me here. A short while back there was no way this could have happened, but a couple moons aligned well so bring on the V4's! ...but I am done now!
kahunas, my wife's best threat to me would be "no more Craigslist"...thankfully she does not come to this site....yet
Patrick, this was not in the plan as you know! I wanted a Viper and ended up with that and 4 Vmax4's !!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, timing was everything and now I must finish working on an investment property so we can get a renter....sleds will sit for a while.

More pics to come

Here are the rest of the goodies....I ended up doing a package deal so the $1K per sled deal no longer applied...the price went up but it included a '94 dragsled (skid out)....here's my asphalt sled!, clean 2200 mile '92 and a bunch of parts.

I always wanted a White Vmax4.....:Tomcat:Dragsled....

Drove to Toledo yesterday and today....over 600 miles and $220 for gas....where did my weekend go??

I blame it on mjdevries....thanks again Mike

Attachments

• 94 & 92 trailer l front.jpg
    94 & 92 trailer l front.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 94 & 92 trailer front.jpg
    94 & 92 trailer front.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 101
  • V4 Dragsled rear.jpg
    V4 Dragsled rear.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 92 Vmax4 rear.jpg
    92 Vmax4 rear.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 102
YOU LUCKY BASTERD
I AM HAPPY FOR YOU AND I HOPE YOU SHOW SOME PICS OF YOUR NEW DRAG SLED WHEN ITS DONE
CONGRATS Glenn

YOU LUCKY BASTERD
I AM HAPPY FOR YOU AND I HOPE YOU SHOW SOME PICS OF YOUR NEW DRAG SLED WHEN ITS DONE
CONGRATS Glenn

LOLOLOL....you're cracking me up Glenn! You are correct though, this was a BUNCH of luck..a couple weeks back it would have been a 'no go'.

On the white one, the owner spent some pretty good cash putting on the factory decals....I do like the white as well Kahunas. Neat to see the V4 in a different flavor every once in a while! I hope to receive the specs on the motor as it is a big bore 750 that was professionally done. He said he will get me the build info from the builder. I guess it hasn't been raced for several years....started up and sounded mean (stock twins with straight pipes from there. It's slightly louder than my '96 with the hollowed out can.

Is that a clear super low windshield on the white sled...?
I did not know that existed.
Is that a Yamaha accessory part or something custom made...?

Thanks Rob, I like the White one also...looks pretty mean!

Alatalo, you are correct that is a clear shorty. Two of the sleds in this group purchase had them. I'll have to see if I can tell the next time I look at it if it is a Yammi part or not.

Hey Allseasonrider, that white max is growing on me big time. I'm not a huge fan of white but, I love yours with the factory decals on it---REALLY COOL! Nice Aviator!

Back