2006 apex suspension install

steelroamer

Just wondering if anyone has ever installed a suspension out of a 2006 apex in a vmax 4? and how is the ride? I took out my stock suspension to install studs the other day and to replace the bearings. turns out the suspension is "not good" bearings seized on shafts, shafts badly worn, shocks worn out, etc. so I've got a line on this nearly new apex suspension with adjustable shock and am wondering about putting it in. any input would be great
thanks
Ian

Just wondering if anyone has ever installed a suspension out of a 2006 apex in a vmax 4? and how is the ride? I took out my stock suspension to install studs the other day and to replace the bearings. turns out the suspension is "not good" bearings seized on shafts, shafts badly worn, shocks worn out, etc. so I've got a line on this nearly new apex suspension with adjustable shock and am wondering about putting it in. any input would be great
thanks
Ian

I have done a couple RX-1 suspension upgrades, makes the almighty max even mightier!!

only down side is you loose a little top end... but to me the compromise is worth it.

Not sure how different the apex skid is, but I'm sure it is possible. My other half sells Yamaha's for a livin at our local dealer,

if I get a chance I will stop by and see if the mount holes measure up the same.....

Attached is a couple picks of my 92 with an 05 rx-1 skid....

Bubba

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 148
i would guess 3-5 mph tops with this one...

maybe 5-8 on my 95, but it has a 136" viper skid with a 1-1/4" ripsaw track....

I ride 90% trails here in northern VT, so the ride was well worth the top end loss to me.... :)

Bubba...

4-14-2011 036.jpg4-14-2011 038.jpg4-14-2011 039.jpg

thanks, Yeah I'll take a small loss like that any day for a smooth ride!! let me know if you get some measurements that would be perfect

I know where there is a Rear suspension off a 1997 Yamaha SX700. would this be the same style as the rx-1 set up? I can get it for around $200 just thinking it might be a nice upgrade for next winter .

I know where there is a Rear suspension off a 1997 Yamaha SX700. would this be the same style as the rx-1 set up? I can get it for around $200 just thinking it might be a nice upgrade for next winter .

Back