68 Ski-Doo

Mtnmax

Just need a little feedback. I have a 1968 Ski-Doo 371 electric. It runs good, but is in need of restoration. I would probably put more into it than the sled is worth, but I need to know if there would be any market for a sled like that. What do y'all think?

a very small market. i have 2 70's sleds i cant sell. both for $400 and a mountain of parts. everyone around here wants a sled that can push the bigger tracks. but there is a market for it......a small one.....but its there.

I have to agree with Busted Max. Most of the market in my opinion is race sleds but there are people who love to mess around with any older sleds, like me. Most of the time I will buy any older sled that is cheap. So far, I haven't paid over $50.00 for any of the 5 older ones I bought. As you said though, be prepared to spend some money getting original parts for an older sled. I just paid $50.00 for a snow flap. Every once in awhile you will find someone who would like to have their first sled that they rode and then you will get a fair price. To bad you guys were not closer, I am sure, you could get me interested in them!Doug

Ya. The most someone around here would pay for something like that, would be mabye $150. I'm currently trying to sell a 76 GP 300. For $20, that has a blown motor.

You guys are awsome! I appreciate the feedback. I kind of figured there would be a very limited market, but I live out west, and am out of touch with the midwest and eastern market. Out here you don't see many older sleds, but you guys probably see them all the time. I may just fix it up for myself. It runs very good, and I used to work in auto body so I could put a nice paint job on it. As far as parts, it is complete. Once again, thanks for the info. I just posted this morning, and three of you gave me information already. That's awsome! I love this website.

Have you seen this list? You can go to ebay and search the username recengltd to see what's up for auction right now. Quite an impressive collection!
Shark

Back