'80 340 Yamaha enticer

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
I am looking for a first sled for my son. Saw a nice one for $300. Is this too much sled for a 10 year old? What is the power and top speed like? He has never driven a sled. He does have a CRf 50 he rides in the summer. Is there a way of governing the throttle if it is too much? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

I've got an '83 Excell III 340. It's very similar to the '80 Enticer. All four of my daughters learned to ride on it. I've kept it for my Grandson to ride. He's 11 now, probably get him out on it next year since this year is about shot. I think the top speed was around 60 with me on it. It's been a very dependable sled. It's light and easy to throw around on the trailer or out on the trail. Easy sled to maintain. Not much suspension, but kids don't care. It wouldn't be too hard to govern the throttle, but I never had to do it. It's got a tether on the kill switch, so if they fall off it will kill the engine. I liked that. The first weekend I got it, I showed my oldest daughter how to ride it. We had a 5 acre hay field next to the driveway and off she went with her friend on the back. They went round and round that field for two days. The only time she came back was when they were running low on gas. I filled it up and off they went. She put 90 miles on it in that hay field that weekend. I don't think there was an inch of powder snow left, it was all packed down. Those older 340 Yamaha's are great sleds for kids to learn on.

Shark

Back