800 cylinder lift question

Trying2

I have just purchased some 800 cylinders and i was wondering what is the maximum lift that can be done to these cylinders to advance the port timing??? Is there any difference from a 750 base and crank to an 800 base and crank besides the wrist pin diameter????

750 cranks and cases are totally different from each other. You need to check the deck height on your new cylinders to make sure they were or were not cut. Lots of cylinders were decked to change compression, etc. You will want to use some guage blocks in the base to align your piston with the port and that will define what thickness of base gasket you will need. As you raise your cylinder, you will soften your compression so an increase to the bottom will require a decrease on top via head, cylinder, gasket or all of the above. Hope this helps you.

It helps alot. I am still a little leary on how much to raise the cylinder before i start messing up the port timing and losing HP.

Is this a 750 0r 800? If 800, I have had great results by switching out the .018 to .031 at the base however like skinner mentioned you will loose compression thus not helping your cause,so you are going to have to cut the heads. Conservative for trail is .010 or race I went .030. Another option is to pop the rivits on the stock head gaskets to bring them to one layer thick and you will gain .009. One last free trick is to advance your timing by pulling pickup plate and oblong mounting holes but no more than 2 dgr. I do know you cannot just swap 750 cylinders with 800s they are not the same port timed cut.

on mine (800) i just put 2 base gasket and take a head gasket out,,got .060 squish,,125 compression with a little porting on the exaust and intake,aeen quad,,,,just waiting for snow thanksss

yes i got one ,,suppose to have 2 layer each cylinder ,,i just take 1 layer out and keep 1 thanksss and i cut the head a bit and now i got .060 squish thanksss ,,,waiting for snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1 centimeter today lol lol lol

I know a guy that machine head and block together somehow and uses no head gasket in a few different cars. I wonder if it would work with some type of sealant?

Back