800 improver or pro stocker wanted!

Jabber800

HI, as in the title I'm looking for a v-max 4 improved stock or pro stock sled. Plan is to set it up for radar running. I have a mint 2001 SRX I would consider trading as well. Let me know what you have!

Dan

Thx Rob. I'm looking all over. No real luck on an improver or pro stocker though. To build one from scratch is not a very feasible idea as the mod parts are getting very hard to find. If you see anything let me know.

I've called about a few stockers around that area. Not bad deals but the cost to convert them to race mode is really high.
Would really prefer to start with something almost race ready.

Thx for the info guys! I called about the drag sled rustman, it is actually a guy I sold parts to a few years back. Only problem with his sled is it is a Bigbore 880. I need an 800. I may still do something with this if I can find a good top end someone would want to trade off or sell.

Check with Dave Forkins (Skinner). Last I knew there was an old member from in the day on here "nate b". He became part of Skinner's Maximum Velocity Race Team. Last I know he had a Pro Stock 800 almost done in Dave's shop then lost interest. Everything was done right under Dave's eye in that shop, seen the sled in person 90% done I believe. I think Nate still has it, as it was for sale. Maybe worth checking out!

Justin I spoke with Nate earlier today! I have been after that sled for awhile. Only problem is he is not convinced he wants to sell!

Benji mastrioni (prostockbenji) had one there a couple years back when I bought a proline from him..

Benji's was sold to a guy in Wisconsin. He has built it into a pro stock and does want to sell it. Problem is its a Bigbore!
It is a great looking sled and may be worth picking up but would need a lot of $ and time to convert back to improved stock for radar running.
What have u been up to lately Josh?

email this posting to a friend minneapolis craigslist > hennepin co > for sale / wanted > rvs - by owner
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
[h=2]improve stock v/max 4 - $2900 (ne sd)[/h]
Date: 2012-08-28, 11:57AM CDT
Reply to this post Reply to: tpcdx-3235006524@sale.craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]

i have a yamaha v/max 4 1996 model with a full race motor with quad race pipes sled is a little rough but rides very nice and smooth used for radar runs or drags call with 13203050248 for more info has ice track and short skis

• it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3235006524

I've been running a restaurant that I bought, that's tied up my funds for a bit! Ran a piped sx last year on the trail that was it. Had to sell my Srx that I was running on the grass which I had running good and also sold my rx that I had setup for ice/asphalt to fund the restaurant purchase. Last day of testing on the rx we were running about 800' of crappy track out at puslinch before it got shut down and I ran 119.7 w it, fastest sled that day was a hooper cat at 122..I will be taking the year off the grass and using any extra money to pick up a decent trail sled again, maybe an apex or f1000

Great to hear you got your own place. Whats the name of it and what kind of food do you feature. May have to pay you a visit.

not sure if he still has them or not but I bought some pipes off a member on her John jryama he had a couple of prostocks and a couple of turbo sleds that he was thinking about selling, I think he even had one of them listed for a while last year.
might be worth checking out. he was a good guy to talk to and deal with as well, I had no issues
Ian

Back