800 stock pipe on 750

Carb jetting must be changed to stock 800 jets. From what i am told changing needle is a must as well. I was lucky enough to get a set of 800 carbs with my pipes. Are you changing the "y`s" too? There are a few threads on here with the jetting and needle info.... if it hasnt been deleted.

OK, here's my question: I have a 1993 V4 750 and I was planning on taking the whole exahust system off and having it ceramic coated and reinstalling it this upcoming week. However, I have a parts V4 800 with the 800 pipe and carbs on it. Is the 800 pipe a direct bolt on? What would I gain by just the pipe? What would I gain by exchanging the pipe & carbs? Jetting? Maybe this subject has been beaten to death, I don't know. Just wondering if this would be beneficial and if so what could I expect. Certainly no worse than the 6 mpg I am getting!!!

Thanks in advance.....Robb

I think it's been said that the 800 pipes are good for 9hp on the 750 but you need to use 800 jetting and clutching as well. Probably just swap in the 800 carbs.

If I were going to have pipes ceramic coated it would be the 800 pipes. You must also use the 800 y-pipes as they are a larger outlet than the 750. Just swap out the carbs and use Yammigods clutch set-up. As Keith stated its good for an easy 9hp gain and your mpg will be no worse.......................Tom

I believe that the 750 and 800 carburetors are the same. The needles and jets are different. The 800’s were jetted a little fatter because they had more horse power than the 750’s. You could just change your needles and jets on your 750 carbs. I agree with Keith and Tom, with the 800 pipes, jetting, and clutch set up you will see big gains from a little investment.

Yup, I have the whole 800 exhaust system. Y-pipes, pipes, & can. Will the Y-pipe be a direct bolt on? Should I use the 800 jetting specs? Could I also bolt on the 800 primary & secondary on the 750 as they are ready to go???

Robb

Yes, the y-pipe is a direct bolt on and you should use 800 jetting including the 800 needles. Primary should be a direct bolt on but I think you have to use the 800 jackshaft including chaincase to use the 800 secondary. Maybe another member can chime in on the secondary.................Tom

Or if you can find an Arctic Cat secondary conversion jackshaft you can have it splined to match the 800 secondary.

Back