92 750 Aaen prepared in early 93

Lakeshadow

Hi there. I just picked up a neat machine. The story is it was delivered to Aaen brand new and "done up" with the quads, a flat crank, and clutching and carb adjustments. I suppose the pistons are cut, don't know about any porting for sure. One thing that is interesting. It has what seems to be a 96XT or 97Vmax-4 pro action rear suspension. The rails are the same as my 97's yet the connecting hardware is different?

I have a question too... What r.p.m. does the 750 360 degree crank fail at? I have a 360 degree lower end I can put this top end on. My round crank lower end has the gears welded. Reason I ask is because the c.d.i. has failed on the machine. And just to brush up,,,, the Aaen quads run at 8'650?

My fourth Vmax-4. I love them. I must admit I like the sound of the round crank engines better.

Thanks,,,,,,,

Sorry for hyjacking but how about some pics and the vin if higher than 89A-002251

Hey 8BU wtfrud? I'll gather the info you want in daylight when I'm sober!1

Got good spark from the FMS. Filled the float bowls with a turkey baster, squirting in one vent line as the other one was squirting out. thing ran like kick ass !!!!!11111.

................Fuel delivery problem.

Shrunken, hardened fuel and vacuum lines. Never attended to.

I would be honored to supply photographs of this machine. in the morn',...............afternoon......................................

Man oh man,,,, I forgot all about this post. Don't have any photos,,,, yet it looks like a 92 with a 97 skid. What is the significance of the v.i.n.?

O.K. cool. Now I understand... I'll get the number tomorrow if I don't forget. So very busy. I'm frantic to get my new cottage hooked up for Tip-Up-Town.......

I started a post a while back in the general questions forum. Basically to get a idea of production numbers for each year.

Hi, the V.I.N. is 89A-001940. This is rather early in the production run for the year isn't it. I have re-told the story about the sled that was told to me. I suppose anything is possible.

This machine has an FMS flat crank, Fuel Management System, ignition box. If the tach does not work because of this ignition box, I would like to know. Before I start on trying to find out why the tach does not work. This is the only thing left to do before I take the sled up North.

Back