92 secondary questions

tomvmax4

hello fellow vmax 4 owners! I have a couple questions regarding the driven clutch on my 92. due to poor performance i pulled it apart and the little button/slider things that the helix slides on are completely destroyed! my dealer can't seem to find them and the salvage yard wants 200 for a complete secondary. not too bad but i dont want to spend it if i don't have too! i read somewhere on here about an update that brought the secondary up to 93 and 94 spec but haven't been able to find it and got tired of searching (please excuse my dial up!) also, my helix is marked 8AX 38 degree. i was thinking a 92 should be 89A something. any ideas?

thanks

tom

hello again! found the thread i was looking for! but when i try to follow the link to the tech section i get an error. lol can the holes that the buttons go into be machined a little deeper to accept the buttons from a 93? also i can get a brand new secondary for a 98 700sx im pretty sure it won't fit as is but would it be worth the hassle to make it work?

thanks
tom

ha must be a good morning! i found some more info on the site, determined i have an updated secondary. the helix has some grove worn into it but doesn't seem too bad. these buttons should still be available shouldn't they?

edit: would they be the same as whats on a 94?

edit2: think im going to try and machine the holes for the buttons a little so 94 will fit they seem to be the cheapest

Last edited:
I'm in Ontario Canada, a bit far, but I have two complete secondaries and some fresh helixes. If that'll help, send me a pm

Back