92 Vmax 4 Yammiegod 3:16 stock pipe clutching over rev'ing to the tune of 9k

RichardsA4

I was trying to go with the Yammiegod 3:16 stock pipe clutch setup in my dad's 92' vmax. I couldn't find the 43-37 helix for a 92 secondary, so instead went with a 42-37 helix. I currently have a pink/white spring in the B3 position on the secondary, and a w-w-w spring in the primary. Both clutches have been cleaned very well. The sled initially jumps to 8500 and shifts out to 9k. The recommended rpm is 8350. I'm wondering what my best option to drop a few hundred rpm would be. I had a shim in the primary at first but have taken that out with very little effect if any. It does pull very well as it currently sits but I think we can squeeze a little more out of it, by tuning the clutch to the proper rpm range.

Would it be best to try the original 92' red secondary spring, or possibly go up a few grams in weights ? Maybe the vmax 800 weights ? What would you guys recommend ?

Any input greatly appreciated.

more tip weight should bring it down, stock '92 weights only had one hole for rivets though I believe.

Yea, 89A's had 1 hole, 89A 10's had 2.

What you have for weights and what rivets are in them could make the difference.

opsled

EASY FIX , NEED TO ADD WEIGHT TO YOUR PRIMARY. WHICH IS ALWAYS A GOOD PROBLEM ALSO BACK YOUR SECONDARY TWIST OFF. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:

Back