92max4 M-10 Suspension

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Yep, very true, I got burned this way once too, sent the money via PayPal, no item shipped..etc.etc. Same story. Thought I was safe!! Huh!!:frech32:

I still use PayPal @ Ebay but only buy from sellers that are rated at 99.9% & above!!

Anything else when selling its cashiers or bank checks.......lots less heartburn & anxiety!!:cussing:

I hope that some one can hunt this guy down and get something of equal value or get refunded. I would say for the most part if we could send by mail cod would be a safe bet for the seller and buyer, I have had some of these doings and it works well. The parts are delivered by mail threw the post master, the buyer pays the post master and signs for it, the post master does up a money order and sends it off to the seller. Buyer recieves his parts. Al

Marksan said:
invasive (to your bank account)

I agree 100 percent and invasive is an understatement!!!! I have had situations with paypal and they can't seem to follow directions very well. Without going into a detailed conversation, the bottom line is I will not use them anymore. The good old money order seems to work best for me and if the seller can't wait for the mail then he will have to find someone else to buy it. It takes way to much time to clean up Paypals mistakes

I would think if the local police were called and we gave them his name and number they should be able to find him and charge him with fraud I have all my e-mails to and from him and he took my 150.00 I live in ontario canada and I am now out 150.00 I would love to see something happen to him.

lumpyguy said:
I would think if the local police were called and we gave them his name and number they should be able to find him and charge him with fraud I have all my e-mails to and from him and he took my 150.00 I live in ontario canada and I am now out 150.00 I would love to see something happen to him.

It would be nice to see something happen but I seriously doubt the police would do much about it. One of the biggest problems is that you can't identify him.

As a longtime computer enthusiast, I am familiar with trolls and have had to deal with them on occasion. Here is a link to the anandtech For sale/for trade forum sticky regarding trading and dealing with trolls:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=45&threadid=1801239&enterthread=y

Also:

http://www.trollhunters.com/

Do NOT simply let this go without attempting to get law enforcement involved. All it does is encourage that person to keep ripping people off. From what I've seen, many trolls are MUCH more willing to either fulfill their end of the deal or refund a person's money when a Sheriff knocks on their door and tells them that they have recieved fraud complaints. Since you know which town he's from and supposedly his real name as well, it should be a fairly simple matter for the police to track him down. All it costs is a phone call. You may need to fax/email their office a printout showing your Paypal receipt, but that should be all. And if they receive multiple complaints, I'm fairly certain they'll go visit the guy.

One way that us computer enthusiasts have managed to help protect ourselves from trolls is by adoping an ebay-like seller rating system called:

http://www.heatware.com/

After every transaction, the seller and buyer login and leave comments regarding the other person and how the deal went. Once you have accumulated a number of positives, you can now insist that a person without good Heatware references either pays first or ships first. When dealing with other people with good Heatware refs, transactions are usually done simultaneously. I am more comfortable dealing with a person with a high number of Heatware refs than someone with few to none. You can see my Heatware refs here:

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=339

I see no reason why people on this board couldn't utilize Heatware as well. It's a free service.

Ken said:
It would be nice to see something happen but I seriously doubt the police would do much about it. One of the biggest problems is that you can't identify him.
Just using the information in this thread, I was able to come up with:

Chris Mann - from procharged04
McHenry, IL - from Ken

From AnyWho.com:

Christopher, Mann
1912 Oak Dr
McHenry, IL 60050

815-363-9973

McHenry County Sheriff's Department
2200 N Seminary Ave
Woodstock, IL 60098
815-338-2144

If you are convinced that you have done everything you can to get him to fulfill his end of the bargain, then do NOT just let this guy off easy. If you do, he will continue to prey on people. The easiest thing to do is to have everyone who has been ripped off by him to call the Sheriff's department and file a complaint. From what I've seen of trolls, they are MUCH more willing to either complete their deal or to refund money when they have a Sheriff show up at their door. You may need to email/fax a copy of your Paypal receipt to the Sheriff's dept as proof, so have that ready when you call.

And keep everyone here posted on the details. EVERYBODY likes to see a troll get what is coming to him.

Creig - Thanks for all the information.

I contacted McHenry Police Department and they said I would have to file a claim with our local Police department (which I will be doing soon). They would then contact McHenry Police with the fraud complaint. I really hope everyone who had been screwed by this guy, contacts their local Police and file a fraud complaint.

Creig - Thanks for all the information.

I contacted McHenry Police Department and they said I would have to file a claim with our local Police department (which I will be doing soon). They would then contact McHenry Police with the fraud complaint. I really hope everyone who had been screwed by this guy, contacts their local Police and file a fraud complaint.

Doug,

Did anything ever happen?

Ken

Doug,

I checked that number on reverse directory and it comes back to: Tampa FL, Hillsborough County, Verizon Florida Inc. LandLine

But a trace of his IP address reveals: Mchenry IL, Latitude 42.3595, Longitude 88.2734, Area Code 815.

I substituted in 815 area code and it's a wireless phone, Verizon, Woodstock IL.

Ken

Hey Ken just wondering how do you do an IP trace?

Back