'93 750 vibration by right foot

rustman

Me and the girlfriend took the sleds out last night, her suggestion and I couldnt argue. The entire ride was trouble free except for a bad vibration under her right foot anytime the speedo hit 140k's. I was just wondering what might be the problem. things I have thought of so far are, chaincase might have an issue, I will crack it open and take a look, jackshaft bearings? drive axle bearings? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I had a similar problem with my '94 st, ended up breaking a chain, but I'm not completely convinced the two are the same problem.

-Rustman

What was she riding? If is was an early Vmax with the two piece jackshaft wear in the spline coupler could be the issue. They will vibrate at higher speeds.

opsled

PS. I am assuming you have checked everything else out that is drivline related. Hmmm???

If you are referring to the brake rotor, I have it in my hands right now and it does indeed have VERY loose rivets. Any fix for this or just replace?

-Rustman

When I ran into it last we just put a used ( spare) one on, I am not sure how to re-rivet but there has to be a way.

:agree: With all of the above.

It's normal for the brake disc to be a LITTLE loose as it's a floating disc system. I've never seen any specs as far as how much play should be in it, or a procedure to re-rivet the disc. My guess would be special rivets that bottom out before they're completely tight as long as the holes in the brake assy. aren't damaged.

Shark

I believe the rivets should be tight, but the rotor should be able to slide on the shaft. None of mine have loose rivets. I would just buy another rotor.

Thanks guys, I had a spare here. I love extra parts. I checked with the dealer here (350.95) and lets just say I'm glad I had a used one. What is the american list price for part 8AX-25830-00-00?

-Rustman

Thanks for the post, I too had a rotor with loose rivets...they are supposed to be tight! I changed mine and the vibration by the foot is gone! Smooth as a 747!!!

Back