'93 vs '97, 1000ft or so who wins?

rustman

so here it is,

'93 stock motor strong runner
800 pipes and CDI, 24-37 gears
no studs

'97 bone stock
144 studs

I have the results, looking for predictions!

-Rustman

What are conditions? dirt mud ice snow hardpack? the 97 will have weight transfer issues but has studs. and I assume the 93 has been rejetted for the 800 twin pipes.

conditions are river, about 5cm of snow(2-3inches), '93 has been re-jetted and works real nice

According to Insurance companies the 97 should be the victor...

Being RED it autiomatically makes it 5 mph faster :sled:

On a river there is more than 1000'. A few miles of race lasts more than twelve seconds, is easier on the machine and a lot of fun. Those short races a bit of track slip or clutching good for riding will make you the loser without space to make up for it. I recommend a rolling start with steady acceleration with the sleds keeping the ski bolts lined up until full throttle meets top speed and start the race from there.

I can tell its the 93 just by teh way you are comparing the two. The obvious answer is the 97 but I'm jut waiting to hear the 93 beat it. I've heard all this before....93 motor with 800 pipes and newer CDI produces more hp than the 800 motor. But if your running on a river with a 2-3 inch snow cover the track with the studss should certainly hook up faster than the non studded track.

Rustman. Does Rhonda make your meals? Then you better let her win, or you won,t be eating, OR getting any for awhile, or at least until spring...lol...Rob.

I lined the '93 up close to the bank where there was a little extra snow, still didnt get much off the line though. '93 went behind by a a fair but managed to fight back and make it just about dead even at 1000'. We had a few other tries but with no traction the '93 just got beat up on. Always roaring back and gaining ground but never enough room. Next time we'll have to try a rolling start and see if things are any different. I was pretty pleased that it was as close as it was.

YEEE HA

I think you guy"s [gal"s ] are awesome ! Hats off to yammiegirl 87 for having a set to hold it open for a 1000 ft !

Yammiegirl 87 you should change your name to YAMMIEGIRL 97

You people ROCK :653:

Brap Brap Brap Kevin, How many HP does your quads add...? You just wait. I think I need about 300 studs, and a better than stock clutch set up. Looking to get one of the setups on here in the tech forms for trail and race. Kenneth built the tool he needed the other day to get those primarys apart.. He's pretty smart and one in a million. And Rob, I dont want him to let me win. Im not that kind of girl.. Its just practice when it comes to us.. I want to get out there and show some of these boys around here what my red baby will do.. We just bought the 97, Kenneths had 4 years and about 1000 hours in the shed to tune in his 93, I was not ashamed. And Turch your right, it does take a alot of balls to hold those beasts wide open. I might invest in a parachute. But I think I can handle her.. Now, if anyone on here has a set of PSI Quads they want to sell me.. Thats when Kevin and I will hammer down! And we will see the victor. Kenneths got over 100lbs on me.. He doesnt need studs.. haha

didnt happen the other night, i think the '97 was quite brappy that time. I cant wait until they are all tuned perfect and my '93 eats them all up, gonna be a sweet day!

Back