94 VMax Darting

23hawk

I read the tech info on putting spacers in the ski. Question I have is this - Does the spacer go in front part of the ski or the rear part of the ski? Also what would you say is the best carbide to put on it ?

They will dart no matter what you do. Spacing may lighten the darting but in my experience all the stock ski's dart. The solution I have found is to spend the money on some USI project X ski's and NO more darting. Ski's are a little spendy though

Toe it out 5/8" and put the biggest bar carbide on it, we used to run the 10" comp bars just to get the 5/8" host bar, that as good as it will get without changing the skis

They will dart no matter what you do. Spacing may lighten the darting but in my experience all the stock ski's dart. The solution I have found is to spend the money on some USI project X ski's and NO more darting. Ski's are a little spendy though

The USI's work very well..no darting with my V4. Put the shims on my SXR from info on the TY site and it helped a bit. The following link explains how on the SX style sleds, would be a similar process for the Max I would imagine. Just have to figure out where to put the shim.

Also, make sure the carbides are matched correctly to the # studs you are running..

Back