94 Vmax4 Engine ??

True Blue

Hello everyone,

Need someone with engine experience to help me with an issue of no power. It starts and idles fine from what I can tell but when you gas it its slow to pickup no snap to it at all. Last thing that happened was I busted a belt at top speed and now I wonder if I got cranks out of phase? Can you
tell by the sound if the engine if it's out of phase or will it even run at all ? I'd like to add a video on here and have someone tell me if it sounds normal but I don't see how to add a video.

Thanks

Last edited:

The whole crank out of phase issue is way overplayed. What kind of belt did you replace the blown one with? The majority of issues you describe are clutching. There is not enough information here to diagnose accurately.

Applying logic, if the sled ran fine before blowing the belt and the belt is all that was changed, that is the issue. Old belt, worn used belt? Dirty clutches. Sticky residue on the clutches. Worn clutch components, belt deflection is off. Clutching is the first place to start. There is a reason the belt blew in the first place.

Good luck.

Back