95 vmax 600 running rich

redrocket

My son's sled is running real rich. We just got the sled and have only ridden a few hours but it is going thru gas like crazy. No leaks anywhere,both cylinders are burning clean but it seems to be loaded up all the time . I rode it ,balls to the wall and after about 60 mph it started to clear up a little,but at slower speeds it just seems loaded up with fuel. Carbs? Jets? I have not gotten into it yet but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Yea I agree check choke circuits,Had similar problem with srx 440 ran great while moving sucked gas profusely loaded up at low speed or idling.

When those sleds wear belts the black dust seems to collect on the mouth of the carb more than others if you take the air box off and the bottom of the mouth of the carb is all black, the air correction jet in the front is plugged and it is causing the engine is going very rich down low, very common problem.

Ya, I'm a little late to the game but I have an answer for ya. Lower your needle jets,..took me a season of tweaking with everything before I figured this out and ever since the sled runs nice and crisp and I see about 14mpg. I can't tell ya how much to lower your needles, lower them a notch at a time until you find your sweet spot.

Back