95 Vmax4 st Studs?

orchie18

My 95 vmax4 st has the stock 136 track. It currently has a camoplast 1 1/4 track on it. Is there any clearences for studs. Whats the biggest i can run with out ripping my crotch off....

Is there room for a 1.25 studded track if the coolers are removed, and if i get a rail extensions from 136-144 will the stock st tunnel extension clear.

You may be able to run a 1.25" studded track if you change to 8 tooth drivers. In searching there seems to be some disagreement on whether this will work. I am in the process of moving the tunnel heat exchangers to the footboards. I have a 1.25" studded track and clearance was tight (less than 1") for about half the tunnel but right over the drivers clearance was 0.

I have 1.2" studs in my track and had to run 8 tooth drivers. With a press they are easy to change. Ordered them from Wahl racing. My studs clear the front of the tunnel by the thickness of my fingers.

I have 1.2" studs in my track and had to run 8 tooth drivers. With a press they are easy to change. Ordered them from Wahl racing. My studs clear the front of the tunnel by the thickness of my fingers.

How much penetration do you get with the 1.25 track and the 1.2 studs.

Throw some tunnel protectors in and dont worry about it, why would you stud where the rails and heat exchangers run?

I have a 1 1/4 track and have plenty of room in the front for studs, but will put protectors there too just to be safe.

I have a proaction skid but that shouldnt matter in front by the drivers.

I gotta get my computer going so I can post pics. I am in the process of installing a 1.25" (lug height, not overall thickness of track) and with 9 tooth drivers one heat exchanger had less than 1/16" clearance and the other had 0. I can't imagine how it would have worked when the track baloons at high speeds. Its only chance would be if the drivers are pulling down hard enuf to keep it from rising at all.

We have a 3/4 track and a studs that measure out 1.6 inches with a measuring tape. The clear the tunnel and rear cooler with a custom made cooler protector. The have a pile of penetration and hook great. Going to try a 1.25 track with the same studs and some trimming for a cooler clearance if i can find one cheep.

The track I found was a camoplast from an 05 renegade. I would say stay away from this style of track if you don't want to mod anything. The way it is designed most of the lug lines up with the coolers. I would have had to cut away most of my track to make it work.

I have a 1.5 track on MM 800 without any clearance problems and even have room for a 1.75 for next yr

Just no studs for me

It does look like its going to be a big job If I did go to picks though

Back