96 600 peak rpms

howsahemi

Hey guys. I know I want to run 8350 on my 96 800 with yammigods clutch setup. I just bought a rebuilt clutch for my 96 600 off of Ty and I was testing today and seems take off was a little over 4000. And at wot it was at about 8500. I do need a new belt so I'm assuming it's slipping a little but would like to know if I'm in the ballpark. I've seen posts saying upper 7000's is best ??? Sled is all stock. No picks

I`d say 8500 is pretty good, especially on a sled needing a new belt..
not sure where you read about rpms in the 7000 range being good for a vmax4????

that`d be the first I ever heard of that???

first off al, altho i dont post as much as you id like you to know im trying to give you a run for your money as being ON this site as much as you. if it werent for this site and ty i would prolly have to watch tv, or do something and who the hell wants to do that.

anyways, no, i read a few posts for like 94 95 vmax's 600 500 stuff like that, for the upper 7000's on the rpms, not the vmax 4. i just did a quick search for vmax rpms and i saw those posts. the tech sheet shows 8000 rpms. about how much would a new belt lower rpms? prolly a crap shoot since knowing how much spin is occuring would be tuff to decipher. i guess ill find out when i put a new belt on !

the fat GYT single pipe was stock on 1996 600XT's look it up, just like 8DF caps were on 1995 sleds.....................Dude

REALLY, WELL JUST SO YA KNOW I HAVE A 96 600 XT VMAX SITTING IN MY GARAGE AS I TYPE AND I CAN TELL YA THAT PIPE ON THAT SLED AIN,T KNOW GYT PIPE. NOT EVEN CLOSE. NOW WERE GONNA PUT GYT TWINS ON IT VERY SOON, YA KNOW THE ONES THAT WERE SOLD THROUGH YAMAHA PARTS DEPT, NOT STANDARD EQUITMENT. lol!!!! 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
Yamaha sold GYT single pipes in 1996, if ya read the applications it doesn't list it for 96's just 94-5's, if you don't have the twins I may have some new kits left.

Yamaha sold GYT single pipes in 1996, if ya read the applications it doesn't list it for 96's just 94-5's, if you don't have the twins I may have some new kits left.
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UP ABOVE YOU POSTED A GYT SINGLE PIPE CAME STOCK ON A 96 XT. CONFUSED ? AND I,AM ALL SET ON THE GYT TWINS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I have owned 2 96 xt 's and neither one had the gyt pipe.the pipe matches up to the 94 and 95 pipes I have here.The ball flange is only 2in or just under not the 2 1/4 in like the gyt

Back