96 vmax 800 belt guard removal

white1340

Hi, probably a stupid question but I just purchased a 96 vmax 800 and don't have a manual. How do you remove the rear pin to take the belt guard off. Front one is no problem but the back one looks impossible to get at unless you tear off the side panel of the sled. Got to be a better way especially stranded on a trail in the middle of the night.

you dont have to pull the side panel off but you must drop side panel to pull pin... it makes it easier to change belt that way anyhow... do it a few times to get accustomed to it . i find you dont have to do it much anyway...

Like Luckyone said, you need to drop the left side panel. That is why they used those finger nuts on the front and back side of the panel. You just turn them out, and drop the panel. Make sure when you drop the panel to have the skis turned, or place a rag to protect the side panel where it rests down on the ski when you drop it, or it will scratch up your side panels and decals! Most sleds have these tell tale marks on the side panels already! I like to prevent them.

My project came missing the left side panel likely because the decal was still in good shape! Rh side looks pretty good but i found a panel on ebay and then ordered the decal. I wonder if i will ever get it though because it said back ordered - japan. The quick access side panel at the time made clutch adjusting and belt changing one of the easiest in the business imo

I'd put a dab of anti seize or grease on those finger nuts so their good to go when the time comes.

Back