97 800 for sale

AFEW THINGS. I AM NOT SO SHURE THATS A 1997. I BELIEVE IT MIGHT BE A 96. AFEW THINGS OF INTREST. DIAMONDS ARE OFF. NO PICTURE OF BRAKE. SLED SITTING LEVEL, AWFUL HIGH CHASSIS NUMBER FOR A 97. MAYBE !! WHAT YA THINK. 3:16 (yammie tony)

If you look close at the handlebars you can see the mater cylinder for the hydraulic brakes.

It's a 97, if you look close you can see the hydraulic brake lever and there is a good shot from the front that shows the additional vent for the hydraulic brake that was only on the 97s. Also, you can tell by the tail flap, it is the newer style yammi tail flap that was also only used on the 97s. But I do agree about the ride height, it looks like it sits a bit low, maybe it's just the pics or the shock may need a rebuild.

Just out of curiousity, for those in the know the spark plugs under the headlights? Where they all spare holders up there like that? I need to look at my '94 and see if those are there or would that be an aftermarket thing?

overdrive75 said:
Just out of curiousity, for those in the know the spark plugs under the headlights? Where they all spare holders up there like that? I need to look at my '94 and see if those are there or would that be an aftermarket thing?

Not all the years came with those, they are OEM.

^^So I haven't looked at my '94 yet would they be on there or not?

Well I just went in the Yamaha parts online system and answered my own question. Those didn't show up till '95 and look like they will fit. So know I am looking for a set of them. Skinner, maybe?

Last edited:
My 92 had them, along with my 95. The parts are not the same, 92 was different then the 95...But both of them had it.

3ft said:
My 92 had them, along with my 95. The parts are not the same, 92 was different then the 95...But both of them had it.

You got any pics of the ones on your 1992,
I have had my 1992 since it was new and had to add the spring loaded plug holders just to carry extra plugs.

I do not have pics. I used the hood off the 92 for my project and the headlight and dash is off the 95. (mix and match the best parts).....But I have taken both hoods down and remember seeing that on both. The 92 is alot more peices in the headlight/dash (cage) vs. the 95 where they incorperated alot of it all togther. It is possible somebody added this to my 92 off a different year, But they were not homemade,(factory parts) and were different then the 95. This is all just off memory....

Back