98 mach z

nate b

It's not mint,needs a little work. hood is cracked, needs a piston. excelent compression on other 2, reverse, studs, under 800 miles on it.
$1,500
its in central Wi
I'll sell it with out the motor also, and also without the reverse

Attachments

• DSC00869.JPG
    DSC00869.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00867.JPG
    DSC00867.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00863.JPG
    DSC00863.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 128

Quality Sled ???

WOW, under 800 miles and needs a piston ????

Now either that is the mark of a great sled........(LOL) or someone
had bad luck early???

At 800 miles, I would think the darn thing would need nothing but a good cleaning & tune up due to age.

I am sure there is a story as to why the 1 piston is gone but........when its low mileage like this hmmmmmmmmm. I know, its 9 years old but.... still :2dontknow

Good luck selling it, probably could be a good ride for someone.

Rob, I don't know the story on the sled, but I'm sure there is one. I bought it at an auction this summer, not knowing it needed a piston.
The 809 tripple is a nice motor,
I've also got a 95 V-max 4 with 900 miles on it that needs a piston, cylinder,crankcase,head, is that the mark of a great sled also? Its not the sleds it's the freakin retarded people that are wasting perfectly good air everytime they breath, not knowing how to maintain or drive a snowmobile.
Anyways, ya its got potential to make somebody a nice sled.

NATE

Figured as much

Hey Nate: Figured there was some kind of a story.

Was kind of takin a shot at Skipoo quality though.....LOL

But you are correct on idiots runnin stuff. I got my wifes Phazer2 with 1800 miles on it. Sounded okay to a degree when I fired it up, agreed on price, brought it home & did not load it on my trailer for 6 months. Went to load it & it just did not want to pull unless fully choked. So this is a WTF?? Needs a tune up that bad???
Went & did a compression test, 1 cylinder was @ 45#'s, tore it down & voiola, piston slightly melted, rings rough etc. but the best part was, we estimate it was run like that for over 500 miles based on all the carbon build up etc around the damage!! It was the guys wife & how she did not notice the loss in HP I will never know!! :2dontknow

So yep, there are some incredible people out there that screw up good stuff!!

Hey will that 809 fit in an 90 Exciter?? Would be about right hp for a powder special!! :4fzfpi:

if u do up a exciter with a 136 1 1/2 track they will out run a 800 rmk as we have a guy that rides with the boys and that sled moves and is lighter compared to others that 809 is a triple so ud have many mods to do to make it fit, purchase ur self a used turbo from the wrecker of off any 1,3 liter or 2 liter engine and do modifications and ull run with the best of them. Alden

$1,100? took the reverse off and installed a regular case and the yellow skid plate and running board covers.
otherwise if somebody wants parts thisweekend I'll have a mint condition set of 809 cases- $200
excelent crank-$200
2 nice cylinders with rave valvesand pistons-$150 each
1 cylinder that needs plating- $75
tra primary-$120
secondary-$40
mint set of carbs-$150
chaincase- $40
studded track with plastic backers 192 studs-$100
seat $50
yellow plastic skis-$125
stator-$50
cdi box with dss plug-$75