A day on the asphalt

Kahunas

Well, things went pretty good, but I wish I had a toolbox full of clutching parts.
My first pass of the day, I spun VIOLENTLY for the first 100 feet. I wasn't going sideays, so I stayed in it. It tracked straight and true and pulled hard all the way to the end running at 9900 RPM's. I tripped the lights at 10.13 at 131.8 mph.:653: I thought that was a GREAT start to the day considering how bad I spun. I replaced the primary spring with a lighter engagement and tried it again. Too much change. It bogged badly and ran a 2.05 60 ft time, but still ran a 10.5. Changeed it back and thought it would hook better if I loosened the rear skid. Ran it again, and again it bogged. I fought the bog for 2 more runs and had to leave for a graduation party. I need to get rid of the bog and get my suspension working better. It was FLIPPIN HOT!! 90 degrees with boots, gloves and full leathers.:nice:

what if you change to smaller rollers and leave everything else the same as your first run? Great job, I will be on the tar soon as well!

MIKE AWSOME. MAN THAT SLEDS NICE. I JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR TONIGHT RUNNING OUR 99 700 SX. BEST OF THE DAY/NIGHT WAS A 10.07 @ 123. MOST OF OUR OTHER RUNS AVERAGED OUT TO BE 10 teens. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Thanks for the pictures. Your sled looks awesome! I would think that every run you will learn something new. You'll get it dialed in, just takes some time.

Shark

Josh, I belive my bog is not clutch related. I either have something wrong in my MSD settings, or possibly carbs.

Tony- it just shows you how bad my 60 ft and 660 times are. Once I get it working the first half of the track, the engine will take care of the last half. It's still pulling at the end of the 1/4. You guys have to have that SX dialed. That's awesome. Feel free to fly in and help me some weekend!

Thanks, Mark! It does turn some heads at the races. I will figure it out eventually.

YOU WILL GET IT. I KNOW IT SUCKS RACING WHEN ITS 90, BUT ON TAR, EVERY TIME YOU GO OUT, YOU LEARN SOMETHING. WHISH YOU WERE IN NY !!! 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back