achilles heel for srx?

snowman71

been trying to find a spare waterpump belt just for my 1979 . Yamaha parts man says dont make and the newer sleds went to gear drive . Anyone know a manufacturer who has the correct belt ? :2dontknow

I have an extra one,I got it from a local supplier in town.He has never failed to get what I need for any of my old sleds.I would be apprehensive about getting rid of it though.

Little differant, but..
I got lucky once, and found a vbelt at a auto parts store, that was just right for use on a chaparrel motor (for the fan) anyway, perhaps if BUBS SRX could take some measurments, you might find one at a auto parts store? surprizing how many differant size belts they have, including real little ones.
not sure about auto zone and what not, but I found it at a place near me called burton auto, been around way longer then auto zone ect, not that it means anything, but..
AL

i seen that one tony , gonna be $$$ belt .
BUBS can you get the measurements off yours & post them . Thanks

I will have to dig it up ,but I'll post it on tonight.
I did find my recipt for it,I paid $12.55 for it.Here is the phone # for the place I bought it from,Lakes Motor sports 248-674-7411.They will ship it to you if they can still get it.Good bunch of folks there.

Belt measruements:
1/2" width
1/8" thick
19 3/8" outer cir
18 3/4" inner cir
3/32 " cog to cog and cog width they mesh with slight bit of play.Keep in mind my belt is replaced and I am measureing old belt,Have for spare in a pinch.hope this helps you out and deffinetly try the guys # I posted

I see the eb@y belt went for nearly 40 bucks . If someone needed a factory belt for points on a restored sled i can see the cost . BUT if someone just needs a spare check out mfgsupply.com They have a belt thats suppose to be for a yamaha srx sled . Thanks BUBS for the measurements .:rockon:

Sorry everyone got a message back tonight ,,,, item not available ,,,,,,,,,:cussing:

Last edited:
You cant realy see the belt anyway,try the # I posted I'll bet they can get it.My recipt is from 2001

fastmax said:
These guy still list one if you dont find one in the U.S. They list it under the gasket section, near the bottom of the page. http://www.recreationsupply.ca/

Ok fastmax , I am giving these guys a shot and will see what comes .:flagge_ka :2fingersc :2fingersc :2fingersc

OK anyone needing a belt like this try the above web address. I got a brand new spankin belt , made in Deutschland . Well satisfied .

Last edited:

Back