Air Locks in Cooling System

VMAX535

Vmax-4 Senior Member
I am getting air locks in my cooling system. I am running quick disconnects in the right hand side rad line that goes to the rear heat exchangers. When I hook in my cool down cart air is getting into the system and not allowing it to flow. Has anyone come up with a method to bleed this air off quickly with out going through the basic shop manual proceedure????

Attachments

• psi1.JPG
    psi1.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 98

Did you take your thermostat out? If you did that already, switch the couples either on your cart or on the machine so the water flows the other way through your machine. Mine did exactly the same thing last year. I switched it and now it is fine.:4fzfk2:

flow

Did you take your thermostat out? If you did that already, switch the couples either on your cart or on the machine so the water flows the other way through your machine. Mine did exactly the same thing last year. I switched it and now it is fine.:4fzfk2:

Yes thermostat is out. Right now mine flows left to right? What I mean is It pumps to the right hand side tunnel exchanges thourgh the rear excanger throught the left side exchange to the pump and up to throught the motor.

Are you saying I should pump through the other way throught the rad first?? This is considering the my disconnects are mounted accordiong to the picture.

/Dan

I honestly don't know which direction mine is pumping, but it doesn't get air in it now. All I did was swap the fittings on either the pump or the machine.

Back