anyone done 144 inch MountainMax out of Vmax4?

Ike

Anyone done 144 inch MountainMax out of Vmax4?

I been thinking real hard this. I would like improve flotation / traction with a new 144 track (prefer Ripsaw or deep snow Camo´s) with 1,25 / 1,5 inch lugs. 1,5 inch lugs need smaller sprokets though.

My question is this that will the track rub rear coolers after rail extension? If I go 144 long, rails will add 10 cm of lenght (4 inch). If the rear cooler is in danger, I´ll have do a tunnel extension too...

Any info on this?

Tracks....

v80sbd.jpg

v80shd.jpg

I was also thinking of adding theese kind of ski skins (left Ski-Doo on the pic) to my sled also. Or powder pro´s...

v80t39.jpg

Ike

Last edited:

Ike, I am doing that right now. I have a proaction 136" with extentions to 144", I am going to run a 1.25 lug rip saw on it. The problem with the track I bought...Its only clipped every 3rd window. So now to run extraverts, I have to go through and clip the rest. But the tunnel I have is custom made....and I am building the sled from the ground up. So, I don't have much advice for the stock tunnel. So far things are working out well....But I haven't got'n to the hard part yet. I ended up buying the heat exchangers out of a MM, so the rear exchanger is flat....no worries.

Last edited:
i think you can stuff a 1.5" in there with a little bit of trimming, ripsaw wont give ya traction in the powdery snow though.

Last edited:
Sorry Ike can't help you on the track qusetion,But i did read 3FT saying he had to clip his track because he is running extroverts.You don't have to! Mine is clipped every 3rd with extroverts. No problems "plus less weight"!!!

Thank´s for the answers guys.

I´ll have to take few measurments before I make a decicions... BUT first I´ll go for a ride!

Ike

hontri, I have not yet clipped all the windows....Would you expand on that. I don't want to go through more work then I have too....But, How does that work? I have not run this set up yet...Is the drivers teeth spaced to hit only every 3rd window? I was under the impression that they had to be cut and clipped to run the extavert.....Thanks 3ft

3ft said:
hontri, I have not yet clipped all the windows....Would you expand on that. I don't want to go through more work then I have too....But, How does that work? I have not run this set up yet...Is the drivers teeth spaced to hit only every 3rd window? I was under the impression that they had to be cut and clipped to run the extavert.....Thanks 3ft

The extrovert drivers drive on all the windows of the track,the clipped and the unclipped.It didn't make any difference whether the drivers were pushing on rubber or metal clips.The clips are so thin it doesn't bother the track timing at all. I've got a whole year on mine and no signs of wear on the unclipped part of the track or on the drivers.I say go for it!!! I just reread your quote.Now i'm getting the feeling that your track is not cut every window.If not you do have to cut the windows open but you still don't have to clip them. I,ve cut windows out on other tracks.Used a good sharp chisel of the right size and a block of wood underneath and go at it. Hope this helps:)

Thanks...That clears it up......I am going to give that some thought. It would be nice not to have to Buy and install all of that.

Ike if you ride stritcly off trail don't get the ripsaw it's a good track on hard packed snow but it's not as good as a sixpitch or some other tacks in the loose snow.

Thank´s for the good info guys.

Pro116, I went for the RipSaw. I got a great deal on it, and since I mostly run on trails.

Ike

Ike, I cut an re-welded my rear cooler so it lays flat in the tunnel,I had to weld tabs on each side for mounting bolts. I am running a 136 1.5 track now and I will be mounting a 151 rx1 skid with the 151 crossover track this fall.

Attachments

• home stuff 2006 parts 001.jpg
    home stuff 2006 parts 001.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 326
We did install the 32mm RipSaw. And it hits the coolers. Not too much but still. SO, if you are putting a new track to your Vmax4, 1,25 inch is too HIGH.

Ike

Ike... I drilled new suspension mount and ildler holes 19mm below the original bolt holes.I had to build a small bracket for the rear bolts and, lowered the inside front mount brackets. I have more than enough room to run a 1.5 inch lug and not hit the coolers. ( you need 8 tooth driver for 1.5in lug tho) This should give you lots of room for a 1.25 lug without changing drivers
These guys have a good deal on powder pro skis, 290 a pair with mounts and carbides!! http://www.sledpartsunlimited.com/Powderpro.htm :eck02:

Ike,

When I installed my proaction (according to Wildmax's instructions) and 1.25 ripsaw last year. I had the same the same problem with the lugs hitting the heat exchangers. I lowered the the skid mounts 1/8" front shaft, 1/4 inch middle shaft and 1/2" rear bracket. This provided sufficient clearance. The same should hold true for the stock skid. The skid has enough adjustment that you will be able to compensate for the added ski pressure that you will see by dropping the skid down in the tunnel.

Ike said:
We did install the 32mm RipSaw. And it hits the coolers. Not too much but still. SO, if you are putting a new track to your Vmax4, 1,25 inch is too HIGH.

Ike

Thanks for the info guys!

The rear bracket doesn´t seem to be the problem. Track hits the coolers behind the drive sprockets. I´ll think about the skid dropping vs. track cutting. I´ll probably drop the skid.

Ike

Last edited:
Ike, I took a quick look this morning at the stock skid mounting holes on my 121" I think you could safely drop all holes by 13mm. On the rear bracket I used an allen head cap bolt and cut the washer on the lower bolt to allow as much drop as possible while maintaining stock mounting brackets.

Best of luck,

Dan

Ike said:
Thanks for the info guys!

The rear bracket doesn´t seem to be the problem. Track hits the coolers behind the drive sprockets. I´ll think about the skid dropping vs. track cutting. I´ll probably drop the skid.

Ike

Dan , great info!

You know pics speak more than thousand words... So, if you could take a pic fot me? That would help a ot and give more directions for me where to go with this thing.

Ike

Back