Anyone know what this pipe is?

LOVEMYVMAX

This is my brothers Exciter II. He got it a few years ago and it has never run right. Does fine for a few and then starts fouling plugs. I think it is an issue with the K&N air filters getting wet and choking it. I will be removing and getting an airbox. But while I'm cleaning the carbs I want to be sure it is jetted right for this pipe. I believe it is aftermarket. Any help is apprecisted.

Chris

Attachments

• exciter 001.jpg
    exciter 001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 97
  • exciter 002.jpg
    exciter 002.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 98
  • exciter 003.jpg
    exciter 003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 97

Find a stock pipe and reject it back to stock after you put the stock air box back on. The DG pipes were never that great of a pipe anyway. You are better off with a good running stock machine than a poor running machine that sounds cool.

After my run in with the man in the pink dress and posts warning people about Craigslist I thought I should say something nice about that collection of thieves and perverts....Lol. I went looking for a pipe and got ahold of this nice old guy from Blissfield who had one for $50. Stopped by his house after work last night and nearly didnt get out of there... I walk in his barn and there lined up are an old platform feed scale (which I collect when I can because I like them and the old lady dont), an old Cockshutt pulling tractor, and a Yamaha Attack GT 1000. We took our time b.s.ing about all the above and while talking about the Attack I mention my 4 and turns out he bought one brand new in 1991. Kind of guy that rode em 2 years and bought new.... he said he kept his 4 for a while.. got tired of the gas milage but he wished he had a dollar for every time he had to open the hood and show people the beast inside. Anyway.... I think I got the deal of the day at $50.... He claimed it has 300 miles on it and I believe..

Chris

My "other" C.L. story...http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/show...ers-beware!&highlight=craigslist+users+beware

Attachments

• exciter 001.jpg
    exciter 001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 57
  • exciter 002.jpg
    exciter 002.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 57
While there are definetly ALL kinds out there, and not jst on Craigs List, every once and a while you meet one that makes it all worth it....

Sounds like he was one of them..... and you got yourself a nice deal too.

Bubba

ps-Cockshuts are sweet, but i will stick to my old johny-poppers :)

Last edited:
Very cool! Once in a while a guy can run into some neat stuff and some neat people when you are least looking for it.

Back