belt sticking at bottom of secondary

Chris

so last year i had a problem with my belt when climing hills when i get to the top of the hill it bogs out when i let off then wont go at all opend hood and looked the 2ndary is fully open with thebelt wedged at the bottom pulled belt out and works again till i so the same thing any sugestions im running a 42 44 46 progressive i believe

What year is your sled? Any drivetrain mods? 92 secondarys werent very reliable, there was an upgrade kit made for them with new bushings. A lot of people went to the 800 jackshaft and secondary for this reason. If you get it freed up and test ride it try riding it and varying your speed a lot (not wide open just speed up and slow down a little as you ride) and stop and feel the driven clutch and see if it is hot to the touch. That would be a good indication of a bad bushing/ binding issues.

Chris

thats exactly why you take that secondary off, it binds and wont backshift, even under normal riding

so last year i had a problem with my belt when climing hills when i get to the top of the hill it bogs out when i let off then wont go at all opend hood and looked the 2ndary is fully open with thebelt wedged at the bottom pulled belt out and works again till i so the same thing any sugestions im running a 42 44 46 progressive i believe

You haven't posted enough information. Is it a 92-94 secondary? if it is then that is a pretty steep custom cut helix. I like vmax4rules question because if you are hill climbing and the secondary is fully shifting out then you can't have much spring tension. If it is a 92-94 secondary then there should be a washer that goes over the spline shaft before you put the helix on that prevents the secondary from opening too far.

Ken

Last edited:

Back