Bender Quad setup.

rx1fastervmax4

Just picked up set of bender quads for my 92 vmax 750. Did search only found set up for 800. Wondering about jetting? And what do you use for repacking the silencers with?

Running bender quad pipes on my 92 and took it out today pulled plugs look pretty lean on two cyls clucth side. Anyone have jetting setup for this? Has a slite bog when you hammer from dead stop then she comes on. HELP PLEASE. Mains at 142.5.

JETTING

When I bought my Bender quads he was not around anymore and I got them from Hauck. He told me the jetting and clutching with no problem, I'm sure if you call him with your elevation he'd be happy to help you because he's the only one who still deals with the Vmax 4.
Just my 2 cents.

Benders

You have to excuse me busy getting ready for New Years. I was told by Hauck to run 50 mains and change the pilots one clip down on the needle cant remember right now what the pilots were but Benders like their fuel, I could punch it and had great throttle response. If you like I can open my carbs and check the pilots for you this set up is from 0 to 2000 feet.
As far as clutching theres a lot of guys on this site that can help you with that. I found Yammiegods 3:16 is very knowledgeable in this area.

Turch. Could you do that. I was told to run 145 mains and 47.5 pilots. But I don't really trust that setup. Sounds to me it would be on the lean side

turch could you do that?

If you mean could I open my carbs? Absolutely my sled is completely apart and by going one clip down you are raising the needle and adding more fuel so I'm not sure what you mean by it sounds lean. It gets cold in this part of the country thats why I told him to talk to Hauck because I don't know where he is.
Just my 2 cents
rx1fastervmax4 without knowing where you are, temperatures differ from one coast to the next, so if you're running in -20 compared to +5 jetting nobody here can even come close to helping you. There are a lot of guys here willing to help.
Are you racing? are you trail riding?are you in the mountains?what temps is your normal riding conditions?these are the questions that need to be answered for accurate help. Let us know

Last edited:
i run yammiegod 500ft ft stock setup drag my secondary twist 1/9 and my main jet is 140 with bender quads and cylinder lift . 039 on 800s and run with 100ll av gas and is very good setup same to -10celcius

Sorry about that i'm in southern wi. I will just be racing the sled, grass and ice. I like the idea of going to 145 on mains. My pilots are 47.5 and i think the needle is in the stock seting.

Never ran benders on a 750 but with aaens I was able to run 140's for mains. I would go to a 50 pilot though, 145's in a stock '92 with just benders added seems like it could be rich but you can pull plugs to check. I would assume bender sells repack material, if not I am certain it can be ordered from the aaen website.

Thanks for the tip on ebay. I did see one on there for suzuki and some yamaha carbs looks like it might work. I tryed the parts catalog and i think u mean #27 but no 145s, I see 800's use some odd numbers for there carbs.

I looked up mains for a 1997 700SX, there's the 145's and a step in either direction.

3G2-1423E-58-00 JET, MAIN (#146.3)

3G2-14231-29-00 JET, MAIN (#145)

3G2-1423E-57-00 JET, MAIN (143.8)

Jets on order will install them this weekend will keep everyone up to date with the findings. Hate to bother Hauck with this problem, will play around with it for a little while and see what happens........

Back