Bender Quads for 800

AKJ454

Guys maybe this is a dumb question, but did Bender make more than one set of quad pipes for the Vmax 4? Seeing how PSI made (3?) different models of quads for the Max; I figured maybe Bender did something like this. (A set for the 750's and a set for the 800's).

Also talking with a friend he was telling me PSI made Mod blasters AND Lake blasters for the V max 4 800... I haven't seen these different models, do they even exist? He said the Lake blasters would be the really high performance racing type set of pipes. Is their ANYONE out there who can sift through this Bullspit and give me some insight on ANY of this????????????

Here`s a good post to check out...http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6971

As far as the PSI`s, they offered two sets for the 800`s..one has internal stingers, and the other does not..the ones with no internal stingers, would be the PSI mods..
as far as I know...they lake racer so to speak, are the mods (no internal stingers)..the others were the trail version (internal stingers) so they would be a bit quieter..

bender used/made the same pipes, for the 750`s, and 800`s, and they were all the same..

I`m sure others will chime in on this..but from what i remember, this is correct..

Your buddies right on the PSI's and yes, Bender made more than one set of pipes. The quad performance pipes were stamped and the formula III pipes were sectional and welded

Thanks fellas I sure appreciate the info... Now to find a set of Benders used...

Hey I saw a post here that Bender might make a new run of quads or other pipes. Any truth to that?????? Anyone heard???

PSI LAKE BLASTERS WERE FIRST BUILT AND NAMED THAT FOR THE 750. THING ABOUT PSI, THEY BUILT PIPES FOR EACH MOTOR. I DON,T BELIEVE BENDER DID. THEIR 750/800 PIPES WERE SAME, OR PRETTY CLOSE TO SAME. THE HP GAIN ON THE 800 WITH BENDER PIPES WAS 14, BUT 18 ON THE 750. 3:16 (yammie tony)

There have been people contacting Bender asking them to make more pipes for the Vmax-4 for awhile now. I've read that there were enough requests and interest that they're going to make another run of them. I also read that Tim Bender has a renewed interest in the Vmax-4. I don't remember where I saw it and can't find it right now. There's nothing on the Bender site yet, but I'll bet if you contacted them they would let you know if and when the pipes are going to be ready.

Shark

Aaen pipes are virtually the same, same hp gain, run the same rpm and they are still listed to purchase new on their website. Almost $1000 bucks but I would wager Bender wont sell theirs for any less, if and when they run another set. I run a set on my 750 and they sound wicked, not too loud especially at idle and mid rpm's but when you open it up basically anything over 7,000 rpm, people will hear you coming. The performance gain is definitely there. The problem with bender and aaen is the high RPM's they run. The 750 engine will enjoy being welded if you plan to run it with high RPM quads. Dont want to weld? get psi's!

-Rustman

I enquired with psi to find out about purchasing psi quads and twins. He had only one set of the quads and they were 800. and the twin psi's with stingers were 400. I thought the twins with stingers were reasonable. by the time you spend looking for the pipes you spent too much time and money looking for the darn things.

Ya guys it's apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge. As I understand it, the high perf PSI pipes ran at about 8600. There's not much difference there from the 8750 goal set by Aaen. Weld your 750 cranks and install a different ignition box or just jet your 800 and go.
Ian

Ooops, sorry guys. I got caught up with the PSI posts on this thread. I don't know about the Bender quads but the twins didn't offer much over the stock pipes. A buddy had Bender twins on his 750 and the head pipes were identical to the Yami stocks.
Ian

[Weld your 750 cranks and install a different ignition box/QUOTE]

I asked this question before, whether or not a different ignition box should be used for aaen's on a 750, and I was told no. The reason I asked in the first place was from reading that it was necessary. That was 2 years ago, now it surfaces again. So I wonder again now, should a high rpm box be used with aaen's on a 750? Will an 800 cdi perform the same on a 750? Damn I need a dyno!

-Rustman

OK i have read comment but I am not sure. we manage 800 quad pipes high rpm with one 800 indeed on! The crank needs welded or not?? thx kaven

IMHO 750 Engines with high rpm pipes need crank welding and either an aftermarket high rpm cdi box or you can use a stock 800 box.

To use a stock 800 box on a 750, will I need to make adjustments to the wiring harness?

-Rustman

Its not a metter of "IF". Yamaha told you right out of the gate that if you were going to pipe a 750 the cranks needed to be welded regardless of the rpm. It was not necessary for the 800's that fired at 90 degrees. Up to 9000 rpm's, they are not considered high rpm pipes. 10K plus is a high rpm pipe. You can put an 800 box on a 750 and it bumps the rev limeter up to 10K with a better timing curve. You don't need an aftermarket box, you can put the 750 plugs on a 800 box

ok thanks guys my friend have a bender quads set and little question for yammigod the setup for improved race is good whit bender pipe?? thx KAVEN

you know we dynoed the psi ttwin and it made good power but it was at lower then stock rpm. if i remeber right it wa s 158 at 7900 ish. That is why we couldnt make them go. never knew it would be lower.

Back