Best repacking Material?

SRV540

Banned
Can anyone suggest the best packing material for stingers??? is it just fiberglass??? I have a set of AAEN twins I would like to repack.....Guees the stuff for dirtbikes is fine???

Thanks in advance.

cimg0934eb8.jpg

i use the FMF silencer packing and i wrap them fairly tight cause if not i find you are back to sqare one ,yes it's a little quieter but you create turbulance inside the silencer.or the packing just blows out.i just did my brothers PSI'S on his 800 and gain 200 RPM on my digital tach.

I pulled out the tube inside and wrapped as much as I could around it tightly like Jamie said.Then I used a piece of paper to wrap around that so it would slide back into the chamber without bunching up and haveing to do it over.I had the same pipes for my 80 srx,I have since parted with them because I didnt want to keep f-ing with the jetting.So I run it stock now.

thanks Jamie and Bubs, these are the one that were made for the SRV/SS are they the same ones for the SRX?

Those are the pipes I had on my 81 SS440. Too much pipe for the 440 if you're trail riding it but I heard that they worked really good on the 540.

Back