best track

needavmax4

what would be the best track for these MM 800, I know the stock wont cut it so any recommendations from fellow V4s

Use camoplast Back Country. Normaly this track do not pass on the tunnel. You have 2 choise. First change the 9 teeth driver for a 8 teeth or make 2 notch on the track of ½ inch for clear the heat exchanger.

I see this post is in the "racing" section, which has me curious, are you looking for a track strictly for racing?, and if so, what kind of racing, and on what surface? (hard pack, powder, ice, tar etc?)

I`m not a track guy, but just curious..

I took the MM800 to the race track yesturday and all I can say is WTF! I going to need alot of work to make it work, race an XP 800 first race and was beat by 10 lenghts or better WOW!

Last edited:
u will need major clutch work, suspention weight transfer and a 1 1/2 track, u will need minimun 5500 clutch engagement .

I believe so Turch they're pissing and moaning about picks in the Improve class and as far as I know everybody else is running paddle tracks in stock classes

most all the snow draggers around here on short track are 1 1/2 as for me they can run all the picks they want an,t doing any good in a snow drag but slowing u down, with the tracks we have to day they are better than any picked track u want to bring, now if ur down to the ice then different story

well i call it major clutch work, for some people they don,t understand that but im sure u do know how my nytro come s out of the hole and this year i should be quick enough 2 clean house in all my classes cause they shortened the track 2 all 55o ft race and last year on those short tracks nobody could touch my sled. if u look at ssra race site on the cover page for the valmount bc races last year that is my nytro with me the copilot hole shot off the line

I was going to change the weights out in the primary for 8bu-00s my question is can I remove the set screws that hold the pin in place and leave them out, I have 3 screws that a little stubborn to come out going to have to use visegrips to remove them

ya u can remove the set screws for drag racing as i do, have not caused any problems . if only trail riding then i would leave them in as it holds the pin from turning in the clutch housing. but when ur making quick ajustments then those set screws are a pain in the butt

well I had the Vmax 4 MM out last night and I'm making progress, I beat a 08 xp 600ho SDI, RX Warrior, Summit 700 and 670ho Summit but still need a little more on take off it engages at 4600 with 2 shims and max white primary with 8bu-00 4.5 each hole Rpms are at between 8300-8400 and the pull is nice just need a little more in the engagement area, my helix is 50/44 pioneer with a silver at 70

Last edited:

Back