Bought it-

Geiger

Bought that 96 i was looking at- runs great
now: does anyone have some extroverts for sale?
What is the little black box on the left side underneath the hood, next to the seat?
And: the throttle on my 93 will go all the way to the handlebar when I squeeze it. this 96 seems like it has something to prevent it from doing that. Is this normal?

Congratulations on the Vmax-4 purchase! :smilies-9 Post some pictures when you get a chance.

As far as the throttle goes, there could be a few things going on there. There are 2 cables coming out of the thumb linkage. Maybe one is adjusted shorter than the other, or it was replaced with one that "looked like it would work"? Maybe the end of one cable came out of the seat under the thumb piece and is restricting it, or something got caught under there? Maybe someone changed the throttle adjustment where it connects to the carbs because the sled was too fast for them? :eek::eek::eek: Maybe the T.O.R.S. isn't working quite right/sticking?

Shark

the oil pump cable has come out of the socket at the adjuster.this causes it to be to short and not allow full throttle.

Back