CAN,T BELIEVE THIS !! 3:16 (tony)

YAMMIEGOD 3:16

NOTHING ON THE SRX, GUYS COM,ON!! NEXT TO THE VMAX 4, THIS IS THE BEST SLED YAMAHA MADE. I STILL BELIEVE A WELL SET-UP SRX WILL WAX A 4 STROKE WITH NO PROBLEM. BEEN THERE DONE THAT !! 3:16 (tony)

I`m an idiot. I should stop posting, untill my brain begins to work again:banghead: I did`nt realize there even was a SRX section, so I was commenting on my thoughts about wether there should or should`nt be one, i had found this post by clicking "new post" and did`nt even realize there was a SRX forum. I had`nt noticed it before, untill 2 minutes after i posted here.:banghead:

Last edited:
YammieGod, I´ll put my brother to the task. If you remember, he bought a -01 SRX with longtravel suspension ( Öhlins allround ):sheep . He is just waiting enough snow and ice to the lakes to spank my :bum: !!

I think he should leave me behind, but not much. He has longtravel susp. and I have that 136`track + extra weight of the Vmax4. Where are my :bowdown: PSI quads when I need them? And I think I need those to beat him.

Ike

Yours...:bowdown: Just still missing the helix for that, but I´ll fix that before snow flies!:muahaha:

So, you think we`ll be close? I´ll post results soon as we race. SRX has that stock track, so do I. So, in the soft I have advantage, but in the hardpack it should turn to Samulejackson`s favour..

Ike

Tony, how much in time does that helix help me ? Do you have an idea about it. What I remember from last season, my secondary is shifting quite good up, not that good down.

Ike

THAT HELIX WITH MY CLUTCH SET-UP WILL GIVE YA INPROVED ACCELERATION AND BACK SHIFT. I ASSUME YOU HAVE STOCK STRAIT ANGLE HELIX IN NOW ? THATS WHY IT FEELS BETTER SHIFTING UP AND SLUGESH DOWN BECUSE THIS IS A STRAIT ANGLE HELIX AND DO NOTHING FOR YA. THE ONE I WANT YA TO USE HIS A MULTI ANGLE THAT WILL SHIFT YOUR CLUTCHS FASTER CAUSEING BETTER ACCELERATION. IF YOUR BROTHER HAD A STANDARD SRX WITHOUT THE LONG TRAVEL KIT, IT WOULD BE TUFF, BUT THOSE SCUFF TOP SPEED, YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE. !! 3:16 (tony)

YammieGod, alongside your setup, I´ve used this too:

- stock weights ( part number 8BU-17605-00-00 ) 45,41 grams with the maximum 3 engagement shims under White-silver-White ( part number 90501-555J9 ) spring.

That is not so "rough" in the trail like your setup, but still gives quite good liftoff. By that rough comment I mean that it gives a bit smoother engagement in the deep snow.

Ike

IKE, ACTUALLY THAT CLUTCHING YOU POSTED THERE SEEMS PRETTY CLOSE TO STOCK. MIGHT BE AFEW SMALL DEFFERENCE BEING A 136. ANYWAYS STOCK CLUTCHING WAS ABOUT AS BORING AS WATCHING GRASS GROW, WITH MY SET-UP YOU DON,T NEED TO RUN A HIGH ENGAGEMENT, LEAVE RPM SHIMS OUT AND JUST RUN PRIMARY SPRING. YOU SHOULD BE AROUND 4500. !! 3:16 (tony)
SAM, I WANT TO SEE WHO WINS BETWEEN YOU TWO. THAT V4 CLUTCH SET-UP IKE HAS IS A FAST TRAIL SET-UP. HE WOULD NEED ALL DEFFERNT IF HE HAD QUADS. !! 3:16 (tony)

Tony, with that setup my engagement is around 4600 rpm. Mountainmax has that white-pink-white(?) as stock. It was around 3800 rpm´s with that.. LOOOWWWW and boring. It was safe and easy in the deep snow though. Not too much power in so low rpm´s.

Tony, I´ll get that helix and tighten up my track. Then I´m good to go and do some :bottom: on Samueljackson!! Should be interesting winter! I know my brother will get me on the bumps, though the SRX isn´t that much lighter but since he has the longtravel susp. he should have the edge on me. And sometimes my brother is just giving :cussing: to his sleds...:sheep He takes no prisoners:frech32:

Ike

So Tony do you got anything for me and my Srx? We have couple races to came with Ike and last year we were only guys defend yammies reputation. It would be nice if my sled would be faster too. There are so many Doos, Poos and that mighty Thundercat with psi 1404 engine to fight with.

sam

OH YA, I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU. YOU MIGHT BEAT IKE THOUGH, BUT WHAT THE HELL. THAT 1404 TCAT PROBLEY COULD BE LOTS OF TROUBLE BUT TRY THIS.
1. 8BU-00 WEIGHTS.
2. 13.9 inner , 13.3 out
3. 50/40 HELIX @ 2-6 DEGREE
4. GREEN SXr SECONDARY SPRING.
5. W-W-W YAMAHA SRX PRIMARY
NEED ENGAGEMENT AROUND 45-4800
hang on !! 3:16 (TONY)

Is that setup for speed or drag? We race 660ft drags?

Helixs are problem for us because here aint any manufactures fos those parts so order from states is only way to go.

Sam:bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks Tony

i`ll think Ike and I have to order couple helixs for our sleds. Because there is so much talk about which one (srx&V4) is faster, we can find out difference between stock vs stock. And after clutching v4 with that setup of ours we let you know how much setup makes difference. I`ll think other members like to know too....

Sam

Alright guys, all this talk about racing the SRX has got me nervous:D , i had posted a question about racing a 99 SRX 600 last year. Now the guy that owns it is a friend of mine, that has been laughing at me for years when were out riding together, and i was on my vintage, he would blast past me, constantly and it began to get old, so when I got my vmax, I was thinking of racing him to see what would happen, but he broke a rail just before I got mine together. he has it all fixed now. Now his sled is mostly stock, except he said he got quick rods put on it, and a very expensive hauck clutch kit. I know its only a 600, but it does get right with it, plus he wieghts maybe 150 soaking wet, and I`m closer to 240lbs, So i would imagine that may make a differance too. My sled right now is all stock except for one layer head gaskets which I dont think is going to make much of a differance, but i do have a set of PSI quads without interanal stingers(mod blasters?) i plan on putting on, but I probley wont have the money to get the helix from hauck, BUT, i may be able to atleast get the blue sopring so I can raise my engagment. So where do i stand? the last thing i want to do, I get blown away:banghead: I`m not looking to smoke him, but keeping up with him, and maybe getting a little ahead would be nice for a change. any thoughts? yammiegod, talk to me:D do i have to go on a crash diet?:muahaha:

Back