CAN,T BELIEVE THIS !! 3:16 (tony)

BUD NO WAY THAT 600 SRX TAKES YOUR 95 800. AND IF HE DOSE, HE IS LIEING TO YA!!! ESPECIALLY AFTER YOUR QUAD PIPE IT. DUDE, YOU HAVE HIM BY cc, HP, torque, etc, DON,T GET ME WRONG, A 600 SRX WOULD RUN REAL HARD IN THE RIGHT HANDS, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO TAKE A VMAX 4 800. ! 3:16 (tony)

I owned 2 600 SRX,s & one of em was ported. Race won,t even be close. My ported 600 SRX might have been 130ish hp on a good day.

The PSI quad V4 might be a old dinosour but it is the T-Rex... You should hand him his :bum:. Just too much power what the 600 can´t handle.Just make sure you hook up.

Ike

Ahh,,thats what I wanted to hear:D, i dont think hooking up is going to be a problem, with my wieght, and 240 studs, it should hook up real good I would think?

I've beat every RX-1 I raced so far. I was told they could beat me top end untill my buddies got one and we raced. He told me I just kept pulling away from him. Not to bad mouth a RX-1, but I have to say SRX are one of the fastest sled's built.

If both the 700 and the 800 have the same track and well set up the vmax will win everytime...they are the same weight or so close it isn't a factor. The vmax just has too much more power...and anyone who doesn't think so...put the vmax clutching in the srx and the srx will go flat on its face!

Hey Tony,

I havn't cruised around this site for quite awhile so I never even looked at this SRX post. Yea, SRX - fine machine.

You remember last year (before the site crash) I posted all those test reports on various clutch setups for the VX800 - and also how my VX800 (which is set up real fine and probably pushing 175+ hp) could not touch my SRX. Well this fall I took the pipes off the SRX to ceramic coat them and noticed the jugs were ported. Then did a quick comparison measure on the heads and looks like they've been reworked. When I told you that Jerry Hauck set up this SRX for a friend you were thinking he must have done some motor work to it - I think you're right!!! I thought he just reworked the clutching but this SRX just dances and is on the pipes in a nano-second. Don't know what Hauck did but I ain't changing nothing.

Might just happen. I had Pat Hauck rework my pistons, jugs and heads on the '96 VX800. I gave him the criteria I was looking for and he set it up. Says I should be exceeding 185 hp. Not built for the drag strip but for fast trail running without hurting the fuel range. Only had it out for a 70 mile run but seems to be stronger in the low end to mid range. I'll get that engine broke in and run that SRX again.

Getting there, Tony. I rode the SRX for 100 miles yesterday then the VX800 for 100. Without lining them up, its gonna be close but I'm betting on the VX800. Amazing torque full range with the new engine mods - getting better the more miles I put on it - what do you figure, 200+ to seat the rings?

Gotta tweak the VX800 clutching a little - need 300 more rpm. At 8500 now, was at 8850 before the redo (running psi quads). Was thinking of taking the secondary to 1-9 instead of dropping clutch weight (at 3-6 now). But, the backshift gets a little too aggressive cornering on the mountain trails.

OR drop a little rivit weight, maybe 13.3 inners instead of 13.9. What would be the best way to go to use all of this new found torque on power I have???

Test and tune

So, we rode our sleds today against each other:

Samueljackson´s SRX got me everytime when we both were stock. It was just no competition there. He could pump the throttle while I was trying to catch him. He was :bottom: my behind! LOL

After setups:

I put the Y-W-Y spring to the clutch, Hauck G helix (49-41) with 70 degrees of tension to the secondary.

SRX had the Hauck Blue, with Hauck adjustable weights (48-49g), stock secondary.

I have the stock Mountain Master (28mm lugs) track, which is pretty much junk. Samueljackson has the new prestudded Ice-Ripper (32mm lugs) Camoplast on his SRX. That is one great track!

This one was much closer: SRX won 1-2 sled lenghts on 201meters (660ft). Key to SRX´s victory is that track. While I´m left spinning on the line, SRX just launches off.

My Vmax4 with this setup will destroy any stock 700 SRX´s on the 201 meters. Great improvement over stock. Again, thank´s for YammieGod! Now I only have to upgrade my track... LOL So, this was the result today.

Ike

EDIT: this was on a hard pack snow.

Last edited:

Back