caution with old baselines

the Wolfman

I was doing some testing on the week end with a new set up and noticed my pyros were peaking very quickly and higher than expected...I jetted up and cured the problem but was a bit concerned.
This morning I called my our fuel distributor (PetroCan) and my suspicions were confirmed..
They told me that as a result of the shortage ALL Ontario refiners have added at least 10% ethanol ( some more) to bring up volume.
Beware of your old baselines....

Good posting and good find Wolf. I have a pretty simple solution for you though, try running race fuel in your sled as opposed to in your generator and you should be fine..

Race fuel

Wolf, ya got the exhaust pipe glowin in the ONAN????
Supposed to be in the sled,,,,LOL

yeah Tony lets start talking about that "stock" 95 of yours that is beating everybody!!!LOL!

YOU AND DAN SHOULD KILL ME. YOU GOT 20 HORSE ALONE ON THAT 95 JUST BOLTING ON YOUR QUADS. I REALLY CAN,T LOOSE AGAINST YOU GUYS, WHY COME THERE. YOU BEAT ME , YOUR SUPPOSE TOO, I BEAT YOU , ILL LET YA KNOW IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

sorry not buying the 20 horse over yours, mine is bone stock with just pipes bolted on, with all the motor work you have done to yours you probably have the advantage over me not to mention you have a driver. I would say with all the setup time and racing you have you would beat me, you should, but if I beat you I'll let ya know right back!!LOL

JSH, I HAVE DYNO SHEETS ON THIS SLED. REMEBER THIS IS A AMSNOW SHOOTOUT SLED. THE DYNO SHEETS I HAVE TESTED THIS SLED AT 151. I SINSE DID SHIM KIT WHICH IS ABOUT 4-6 HORSE. SO MAYBE THIS SLED IS 156 TOPS. I ALSO HAVE DYNO SHEETS ON MY 96. I HAD IT DONE FIRST WEEK I BOUGHT THIS SLED IN APRIL OF 1996. IT DYNOED AT 149.8. ONE YEAR LATTER, I BOUGHT MY PSI MAXX BLASTER QUADS, RAN BACK TOO DYNO WITH QUADS IN BOX IN MY TRUCK. BOLTED THEM ON AT DYNO TECH, JETTED DOWN PER SPEC , 171.3. MAYBE NOT 20, BUT I,LL BET YA A MONTH,S PENSION CHECK 15. NOW YOU TELL ME WHAT SLED IS FASTER. !! 3:16 (yammie tony ).

My 72 SKI DOO Olympic 238CC Single, purrs like a little kitten!!! LOL:smilielol:smilielol :smilielol

DOOOOO

racerrob said:
My 72 SKI DOO Olympic 238CC Single, purrs like a little kitten!!! LOL:smilielol:smilielol :smilielol

69, 300 Olympic here,,,,,,,,piped with race gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets line em up ROB :Tomcat:

Hopefully I can get Jacobeys off and come down, it would be nice to hook up with you and Mark again and shoot the breeze and I don't mind driving 2 hours to get beat!!I'm not sure how much just having those pipes on a stock setup is helping me so it would be fun to find out. Should I bother to change the stock gearing? If I show up at Jacobey's, what the hell are we going to have to talk about!!!????LOL

Dano

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 said:
YOU AND DAN SHOULD KILL ME. YOU GOT 20 HORSE ALONE ON THAT 95 JUST BOLTING ON YOUR QUADS. I REALLY CAN,T LOOSE AGAINST YOU GUYS, WHY COME THERE. YOU BEAT ME , YOUR SUPPOSE TOO, I BEAT YOU , ILL LET YA KNOW IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Hey Tony,

How's things man?? Haven't talked in a while. I plan on going to Jacobey's next year. I've got a bit more experience in now. We will find out. aAl the best.

/Dan

I ALWAYS GONE BY THE RULE YOU FIND OUT HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE WHEN YA LINE UP AGAINST A SLED AND TUNER JUST LIKE YOUR SELF. HOPE YOU GUYS MAKE IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

jminor said:
Hopefully I can get Jacobeys off and come down, it would be nice to hook up with you and Mark again and shoot the breeze and I don't mind driving 2 hours to get beat!!I'm not sure how much just having those pipes on a stock setup is helping me so it would be fun to find out. Should I bother to change the stock gearing? If I show up at Jacobey's, what the hell are we going to have to talk about!!!????LOL

What I meant to say is if we race at Jacobeys what are we going to have to bench race about after we determine a winner!!:smilielol Tony I just went to new clutching on my 95 max so its back to the drawing board for me. And btw I got the 97 sorted out, answer: shitty primary spring, not enough pressure, smoking hot belt,put my own spring in, no probs. the setup is a good TRAIL setup, you are right. Going to take a little gear out of it and call it a day, not looking to rule the world with that sled, just ride it. Thanks again.

Last edited:
JOSH, I THINK YOU AND I WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TOO BENCH RACE ABOUT lol!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY AFTER WE LOCK HORNS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back