clutch buttons on a 92

ATTAK!

will the clutch buttons for other year secondaries work on this model? My dealer is quoting $130 each (4 req'd) for my 92 V4.

Thanks all

That price is crazy!! The secondary only requires 3 ramp shoes. There are some on ebay for $79 each but that is too much also. The 93/94 ramp shoe has a deeper shoulder and won't fit. I don't know if it's possible to have the shoulder machined/turned down slightly. Depending on the condition of your ramp shoes you can turn them around and use the other side. I'd look for a good used 94 secondary with the teflon bushings which would be an upgrade over your 92 secondary.

Last edited:
I recently bought new ramp shoes to my secondary and they cost me 6$. They we´re for 92'-94' vmax-4's. Don't know about the differences between those years, but they worked fine on my '92.

Ok now..From what I have learned is the 92 secondary uses it own type of shoe's...93-94 uses a different type and cheaper...And yes the 92 shoes you could still get but are VERY expensive...Reddy,sounds like the shoe's you got will only fit 93-94..There is a shoulder height difference between 92,to the 93-94.....But for the most part I heard the 92 secondary is the best for drag racing not trail ridding..

What differences are there between '92 and 93-94' secondaries?

So, I can tell if the secondary in my 92' is changed

As far as the cam shoe's how they mount..The cut out for the shoe's on the 92 is not cut as deep as the 93-94's..

Back