clutch help

vmaxdax

still not happy with clutch on vmax4. looking for ski off the ground wheelie without losing too much top end. whats the best clutching to use with mostly stock vmax except reed and exhaust.
thanks

It's not going to rip the ski's off the ground with a m-10.I have one in mine and love the ride but you won't pull the ski's off like a stock suspension. You can let the front limiter all the way out and soften up the back for the most transfer Rick

sorry to be a pain, but could you post your clutch set up for me, i went to tech pages,but cant find the correct one-way too much chat on the clutch issue.
thanks

#
icon1.gif
TOO HELP ALL NEW GUYS HERE. 3:16
92-93-94 VMAX 4 750 SET-UP.
STOCK WEIGHTS
HAUCK BLUE SPRING. (becareful of past cover issues on 750 )
OR W-W-W YAMAHA SPRING
43-37 helix @ b-3 LOCATION.
STOCK SPRING.
95 - 96 VMAX 800
8BU WEIGHTS. (stock )
HAUCKS BLUE PRIMARY
OR W-W-W YAMAHA SPRING
49-43 HELIX @ 1-6 70 DEGREE
SILVER (stock ) spring
1997 VMAX 800
8BU-10 (stock)
HAUCK BLUE SPRING
OR W-W-W YAMAHA SPRING
49-43 HELIX @70 DEGREE
SILVER ( stock ) SPRING.
8350 IS PEAK RPM ON STOCK 750 TWINS AND STOCK 800 TWINS. CLUTCH FOR IT. ( thanks daman)
THESE ARE GREAT FAST TRAIL / LAKE RUNNING CLUTCH SET-UPS THAT BEEN PROV,IN GREAT SET-UPS ON HERE FOR YEARS BY ALOT OF DEFFERENT MEMBERS. THESE ARE NOT PIPE SET-UPS, OR ALL OUT DRAG RACE SET-UPS. THESE WILL HELP THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR VMAX 4 ALOT. YOUR WELCOME TO FOLLOW THESE WITH YOUR CHOICE TO TRY. HUGE GAINS FOR VERY LITTLE $$$$. I WILL POST I DON,T KNOW IF CAMS FOR THE 750 ARE STILL AVAILABLE. I ALSO WANT TO SAY, I WON,T ANSWER QUESTIONS '' HOW DO I CHANGE SPRING '' ITS ALL RIGHT HERE FOR YOU NEW GUYS. 3:16 (yammie tony)
NOTE : 750 OWNERS. THE 800 STOCK TWINS ADD NINE HP TO YOUR 750. KEEP IN MIND, YOU MUST RUN STOCK 800 JETTING AND CLUTCHING IF YA MAKE THIS CHANGE. THE 750 JETTING IS TO LEAN FOR ADDED POWER.
NOTE : I ALSO WANT TO POST THIS IS '' NOT '' AND I STRESS '' NOT '' MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY SET-UPS. PLEASE OTHERS POST HERE IF YA HAVE OTHERS.
Last edited by YAMMIEGOD 3:16; 02-06-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Back