Clutch Puller

Carllaponte

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered a clutch puller from GARY At MICRO BELMONT. He said he just cut a bunch of new ones---- Cost was like $31.00. I was using one I purchaced from my local yamaha dealer that almost destroyed a PTO shaft. Contact number for Gary is 1-616-534-9681 if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Good Idea to order one also I would like to try my heel clickers on my V4 need to pull the primary off for that

I just can't believe the puller the shop manager at the local Yamaha dealer sold (specifically for a V max 4) does NOT work right? I tried the method where you pack grease in first-still never worked right?? Anyone know if its good for any other Yamaha? I'm looking for my receipt so I can go pay him a visit.

When I bought my first puller for my SRX I bent it on the first try and the dealer would not take it back so I went to a Ski-Doo dealer he ordered one from another place and worked perfectly, till I bought my Vmax4 then I tried it on the V4, it worked but, it did scuff up a couple threads on the puller. I just clean the threads up a little and it still works on my SRX

I just put in a motor that had some bad PTO threads, clutch would not thread in at first. I was scared as heck, but a few minutes with a tap and it was right as rain again. I wasn't a fan of that feeling I got in the pit of my stomach, I was definitely thinking the worst. I did have a spare PTO shaft but what a pain it would have been to swap out. Keep an eye on them pullers, I'm sure things could have been alot worse.

Belmont Pulle

Received my clutch puller from Gary today. It's the little things in life that make my day(quick service). I just love the VM4 stamped on it. puller looks much different that yamaha puller....:4fzfpi:

PS----Thanks Tony for the info on Gary!

Attachments

• clutch pullr -belmont.jpg
    clutch pullr -belmont.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Clutch Puller end.jpg
    Clutch Puller end.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 87
I"ll take that info as well. Lent my clutch puller to a friend. First time I've ever lent it and it came back bent. I've used it a hundred times and never hurt it a bit, lend it out once and it's done.

I"ll take that info as well. Lent my clutch puller to a friend. First time I've ever lent it and it came back bent. I've used it a hundred times and never hurt it a bit, lend it out once and it's done.

That's too bad. I'll post info tomorrow.

If your engine is out there is no need for a puller. I hav'nt done this but seen it done. Put engine on its side and take the bolt out and wrap teflon plumbers tape around the threads. Pour very hot but not boiling water into shaft then start threading your bolt in. It was amazing and right before my eyes this thing popped off with little to no effort. Wasn't a yamaha but the principal should be the same. If your engine is still in the sled, I don't see why it still wouldn't work if you used a fluid extractor and injected hot water in it and quickly threaded the bolt in.

I received my puller the next morning. It also worked flawlessly. Great company.

If your engine is out there is no need for a puller. I hav'nt done this but seen it done. Put engine on its side and take the bolt out and wrap teflon plumbers tape around the threads. Pour very hot but not boiling water into shaft then start threading your bolt in. It was amazing and right before my eyes this thing popped off with little to no effort. Wasn't a yamaha but the principal should be the same. If your engine is still in the sled, I don't see why it still wouldn't work if you used a fluid extractor and injected hot water in it and quickly threaded the bolt in.

Good advice. A grease gun with the correct thread connector is another possibility. In difference to a mechanical puller, a "fluid extractor" will not only try to push the tapered parts apart. It will also try to expand the outer of the tapered parts.

Back