clutch question, again

howsahemi

i know its been on here 101 times, all i want to do is make sure the setups i can find on the site are good for my year sled. i have a 96 800 not too many posts on here on the 96 97s mostly older sleds. just dont wanna f anything up. i believe i wanna go with the "hot trail" setup? stock motor, has a m10 in it. thats it. i have the original clutch now i currently have a comet in the sled, i want to set up my yami clutch. i do have a bender helix on the secondary is there a part number on the backside to tell me what helix it is? im a complete newbie with this clutching stuff and i dont want to screw it up, im starting early so i can get this done and done right. im gonna take my stock clutch apart now and get the weight number. it has a yellow purple yellow spring in it. the weights say 8bu and under it looks to be a double 0 i dont see anything else on there. how much more strain is this new setup on the drivetrain goin to be? since it seems everyone on here has the setup it must be worth it and i cant wait to walk all the doos i ride with. any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

I AM GONNA GUESS YOU REFERING TO MY CLUTCH SET-UP. AND NO WHAT I HAVE POSTED HERE WILL WORK ON ANY YEAR 800. I AM GLAD YOU POSTED YOU WILL USE YAMAHA CLUTCHES BECAUSE THAT WILL NOT WORK ON A COMET. FOLLOW THAT CLUTCH SET-UP ON TECH PAGE TO WHAT I POSTED. NOW THERE WILL BE STRAIN, CAN,T WALK DOO,s WITHOUT STRAIN lol. 3:16 (yammie tony)

ya i was just lookin at the tech page, pretty much all i need is the spring in the primary and to make sure the secondary is set up properly? im gonna go on benders website and try to get an idea of what helix i have on it, and go from there, im gonna order my spring right now. i never thought of lookin on the tech page all the posts on here say to just run a search and it always searches the message boards. so hopefully this will eliminate many more clutch questions that you have to answer. now i also read on here that some clutches or years need a new clutch cover? for clearance issues or binding, does that apply to the 96?

Ok Tony. The only numbers I found on the back of the helix are 9870. On the front I have 4 hole numbered 0 3 on the top and 6 9 on the bottom. The black "peg" is at 3. Hope this helps. If there's something else please let me know. Thanks chris

Ok well I just calle bender and they said this helix is for a 98 srx. So. Looks like the hunt is on for a helix so if anyone has one they would like to sell I'm in need of one. Again this I for a 96 vmax4 800. I'm doing a yammigod clutch tune on it so I'll have to look up his suggestion for the helix again. Thanks for any and all help.

Jeeze. I'm starting to feel like I do when i play video games. You guys are so good at this I just did a search but didn't see that thread. Grant it I'm on my phone but nontheless. Thanks a lot. Looks like I have a bender helix for sale

Back