clutching and jetting

yammilover66

im goin through my 95 and just wanna makesure everyhting is what it should be. i purchased it this way. i have rpc twin pipes and would like to basicly get it tuned to the best i can. and what else should i buy four it? i was thiking reeds, but not sure what brand to buy. thanks.

THIS SITE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME. YOU HAVE A GUY WHO JUST POSTED A VIDEO OF MY CLUTCH SET-UP, AND YOU WANT TO WASTE 450 BUCKS ON REEDS. OK!!!!!!!!!! 3:16 (yammie tony)

Listen my friend the setup clutch has yammie $450 according to me his is worth not the punishment I am not pro but damn that the setup makes the difference (gear spring hauck helix and good jetting) wow !!! go to youtube write vmax4 800 grass try baie-comeau my engine is completly stock !!! only clutch spring helix and gear

He is a youngster Tony,give him some time to find the search option and I'm sure the over asked questions will fade away.

im goin through my 95 and just wanna makesure everyhting is what it should be. i purchased it this way. i have rpc twin pipes and would like to basicly get it tuned to the best i can. and what else should i buy four it? i was thiking reeds, but not sure what brand to buy. thanks.

As far as reeds go it doesn't sound like there is any improvement in power over stock reeds from what I have seen others talk about. I have no experience with this myself. I did read someone here was using a reed from a different model Yami engine and seeing possible improvements but it sounds like your better off putting your money into a clutch or other things if you want to see performance improvements.

Yammiegod has posted some set-ups for clutching that he reccomends for trail riding that i've seen here and alot of others seem to agree with him on his clutching knowledge for waking up the 4. He must be getting cranky with it being summer or it could be just old age.

ITS NIETHER 8BU, SUMMER OR OLD AGE. I JUST SHAKE MY HEAD WHEN YOUNG GUYS FIND THESE SLEDS AND WANT TO INPROVE THE PERFROMANCE THE HARD AND EXPENSIVE WAY. ADD REEDS TO THIS 95. MAKE A RUN. TAKE THE REEDS OUT AND ADD MY CLUTCH SET- UP. MAKE A RUN. YOUR TALKING 8 SLEDS WITH A HELIX AND SPRING VS BETTER THROTTLE REPONSE. HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DO I KNOW ? 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last yammie has comment question in subject of setup maintaining that I have your setup of pulleys and gearing what I could make for the engine without thinking in of main jet to get back to little of hp always to stay in the classs stock:)

Hey Tony cut the kid some slack, you must have tried the reeds yourself to know they don't work. He'll learn. Keep pointing him in the right direction and hopefully he learns before he runs out of money.. LOL

Hey Tony cut the kid some slack, you must have tried the reeds yourself to know they don't work. He'll learn. Keep pointing him in the right direction and hopefully he learns before he runs out of money.. LOL

Who said they don't work????? There are improvments in the reed assemblies but I would agree to take advantage of the clutching and gearing first. That is the least expensive and the most efficient over all the engine mods. After the clutching is good take advantage of ALL that FREE horsepower by blueprinting and eliminating all that rolling resistance. After you done with all those exercises you may find that its more than you bargained for and if not then proceed with your engine mods.
Just my .02

for the love of pete!!!!!!, we all know what we like when it comes to power.speed.... i have a 150 plus hp sled, i tell people i want 180 plus....i dont care about top end speed, i just want that rush when i hit an open trail, mash the throttle, and swallow my heart for a few seconds. if you havent been there,its like telling a kid veggies are good for you.
CLUTCH IT, AND GO FROM THERE.......VMAXDAX

I fully agree the best bang for the buck is the clutching.. What have you seen for gains on a stock 800 and with what reeds?? Not much I'm betting.. Would be interested in knowing if there is something out there that works.. Seen good gains on an improver, just not enough to consider them on a stock sled as far as I'm concerned.

I will tell you there are gains with reeds, I tested on a timing system, I also added spacers in a different kind of way to get these gains. For the real world reeds vs clutching not even close, clutching all the way.

As a footnote, I am hearing that certain members have been testing the "maximum velocity" gained off of wearing a one piece suit at high speed and the results are very appealing to the eye..so I hear..

Last edited:
for the love of pete!!!!!!, we all know what we like when it comes to power.speed.... i have a 150 plus hp sled, i tell people i want 180 plus....i dont care about top end speed, i just want that rush when i hit an open trail, mash the throttle, and swallow my heart for a few seconds. if you havent been there,its like telling a kid veggies are good for you.
CLUTCH IT, AND GO FROM THERE.......VMAXDAX
AND LET ME TELL IF AND WHEN YOU GET YOUR 180 hp I BE FIRST TO TELL YA RUN V-FORCE REEDS. BUT WHILE YOUR AT 150 hp, CLUTCHING IS THE CHEAPEST, EASIEST, AND BEST PERFORMANCE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. ESPECIALLY ON THESE SLEDS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I fully agree the best bang for the buck is the clutching.. What have you seen for gains on a stock 800 and with what reeds?? Not much I'm betting.. Would be interested in knowing if there is something out there that works.. Seen good gains on an improver, just not enough to consider them on a stock sled as far as I'm concerned.
DAN, ONLY THING I LOVE TO TRY ON MY 1995 800 IS SRX REEDS/ CAGES. YOUR 100 % CORRECT ON A STOCKER. THAT VMAX SX WERE RUNNING ON TAR HAS STOCK CAGES WITH CARBON FIBER PEDALS. 10.31 @ 122. SO DON,T THINK ITS HURT,IN, BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS THAT SLED PORTED PRETTY GOOD. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I run the SRX cages with carbon tech reeds on piped and ported 800's ( cheaper than V-Force if you find a set of used cages and seem to work really well) Also ran them on our SX we where running a few years back..

As a footnote, I am hearing that certain members have been testing the "maximum velocity" gained off of wearing a one piece suit at high speed and the results are very appealing to the eye..so I hear..

Ain't bad Josh! Fatter than the lady at the circus but still ran good numbers with some break in time on the motor at a 38:1 mix. Will stand on the jetting a bunch Thursday night and it sounds like we will take another shot at it Saturday morning at Kaukauna

Brakes, make sure you have that sled ready to rock Friday night

Tony, your on the right track with those cages but use the petals like Dan said.

dave thats great to hear, I gotta call and get an update as I think next year will be the year for me to play on the tar, I am going to play a little on the grass this year and thats it.

Back