comet 102c threads ?

snowman71

Any one know what size threads are on a clutch puller tool for the comet 102c ? They must be metric ? Just want to clean the threads out on the clutch and are not sure what they are . This relating to an old 79 srx. Thanks .

humm , tried to use a standard threads per inch gauge on the puller and
the puller doesnt match the std. gauge threads ,,,, could this puller tool threads be pipe thread ?

ARE YA SHURE ITS A COMET 102c PULLER AND NOT A YP YAMAHA PULLER. I,LL SEE IF I CAN DIG OUT SPEC,s ON 102 c PULLER FOR YA. RAN THOSE CLUTCHES FOR YEARS. HAVE ALOT OF INFO !! 3:16 (tony)

well i had the yamaha parts man order a comet puller tool and the tool will start to thread into the old comet clutch with the good threads so i am assuming its for a comet clutch ,,,, the bag the puller came in didnt really say which clutch it was for ,,,,, thanks:i_need_sn

I found 4 different sites that says it's a 3/4-16 thread on a Comet 102C clutch puller tool.
Shark

Okay, I found this site: http://justatv.com/pages/snowmobile_tools_special_pullers/snowmobile_tools.htm
The last clutch puller at the bottom of the page says 77-80 SRX has a 18MM X 1.5 thread. A little farther up the page it says Yamaha 102C with OEM clutches has a 16MM thread. Just below that it says all 102c EXCEPT Yamaha OEM has a 3/4-16 thread.

Last edited:
Ok thanks all for the replies . The moral of this story could be to use a new pilot washer when rebuilding a clutch ,,,,,,,:frech32:

and just to add that this puller i was sold is no 3/4- 16 tpi ,,, wonderful .

Last edited:

Back