Drummond Island trails (highly recommend)

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
Just got back from Drummond Island the trails were awesome, sometimes I was the only person on them on freshly groomed trails for over an hour. lots of twists and curves and turns out there but are areas especially near the dolomite mine where you can go wide open for 5 miles at least, the trail here is nearly 100 feet wide and seems like the Indy 500. Had it going hundred miles per hour and it still had more but felt a vibration track is Kind of bad. Next year I will bring my passport and ride the ice bridge to Canada and race any Canadians that think they can beat me! No need to set a race day you'll hear me coming at 9000 RPM with PSI pipes.

Go to the easternmost point in the upper Peninsula, Detour Village, then take the car ferry.about a mile across Huron. there are two ice bridges to Canada 1 to St. Joseph Island and one to Thessalon on the mainland, 12 miles and 18 miles respectively.

I need to make it up there!

Last Saturday I was sleding in central wisconsin ( Mauston---close to WI Dells) and a COUGAR ran about across the trail about 10 feet in front of us. Honestly thought I was seeing things until they guy I was riding with confirmed it. Didn't even know there were cougars in central WI. Pretty cool!

Back