Dynorun

Superwiz

I have finish installing my psi quads on my 800 and I have an appointment on Thursday for a Dynorun. I hope that the numbers will be around 170 hp . The Dyno shop ask me if the clutch has a different rpm than the engine if yes does anybody know the ratio number.

The manuals I have say that the primary reduction ratio for the VX800 and MM800 is 3.9:1 ~ .95:1

Secondary reduction ratio for the VX800 is 1.54 (37/24) and the MM800 is 1.61 (37/23).

I don't profess to know what that all means, it's just the numbers from the service manuals I have and the digital manual that can be downloaded from this site.

That being said, the gears in my sled were NOT the gears that the service manual said it was when I took the chaincase apart.

Shark

I went on the Dyno with the psi pipes installed and we burn down the piston number 2. I was feeling really bad I wanted more power from the psi pipes and I read from yammie god that they will not make more power than the stock pipes. I am confused and dont know what to do. I was wondering if a wideband gauge would help for tuning. And what would you do at my place I love to drag race in the field with my buddies but I need more power to be on top.

Don't be so concerned with hp. There is more to be gained with proper jetting, gearing, clutching, and chassis setup than there is by just slapping a set of pipes on it. Do some research on here and find a clutching setup that suits your needs and work with it.

Where did you do your Dyno testing. With the proper equipment found at the larger test facilities many of these situations can be avoided. The operator can tell when the engine is going lean and will generally shut the run down. He will help you with the jetting and may even make suggestions on octane requirements. I do a lot of Dyno runs on my track Dyno but have to recommend Jim at C&H for any engine test sessions. He is a true pro!

You dont go to the right place for dyno run. At DL the equipement are good, super flow 901, but the operator are not on place for developement.

Back