Elliot lake drags

Jabber800

Finally going to try the tar. Hope this thing holds together,heres a couple pics after finishing up most of the work before packing up. Also we did pull out the sx as a back up plan lol just incase we run into problems being that its the first time out for the max on tar.

Attachments

• Picture 0242.JPG
    Picture 0242.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 0311.JPG
    Picture 0311.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 116
  • picture 010 (2).jpg
    picture 010 (2).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 114

That's one bad lookin' Vmax-4, Jabber800. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I hope you have a great time and don't have to go to the backup plan.

Shark

Saturday was cancelled, ran Sunday... First run skis to the sky full track!!! Crowd loved it but the time sucked, had to let out of it twice to get it straight. Re-adjusted suspension and managed a bit better time. This is going to take a bit of testing!!! Managed to pull a 6.40 at 111mph with winter jets, engine running 400 rpm low and a terrible 60 ft. I'm sure there alot left in this sled with some set up time. Wish we had some test and tune track times here in the north.

first time out if you survive to the end of the day its a good day. Maybe if you had a little heavier driver... Dan get ahold of me about this weekend, should be a good time. 6.40 @ 111 and under-achieving? I can see how the asphalt could get REAL addicting!

I clutched the sled pretty flat down low, didn't realize how much traction is available on the tar!!! First run 60 was 1.78, managed to get that down to 1.56. No spin so weight won't help. (already had a 200 lb driver on it) Need to get a bit more agressive down low and gear a bit lower for the 1/8. Seemed like the track was folding over under the front wheels??? Sled kind of bounced the front end under accelleration, no spin though and no track racheting. Dropped the et by 8 tenths in 3 runs and still have alot of work. I really believe there's another 7 or 8 on the table just have to work out the gremlins.

POLARIS I PITED FOR ON TAR LAST YEAR AT NYIRP STARTED SAME WAY. WE HAD TO REALLY WORK SKID FRAME. I THINK WE GOT INTO MID 1.3,s WHICH I GUESS IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT. E.T. INPROVES BIG TIME AS THAT 60 F.T. DROPS. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Good work Jabber...sorry we didn't make it up...it seemed like a long drive for a possible rain out so we just partied here..

Hey wolf sorry you didn't make it!! We got to party pretty hard Saturday as all they where able to run that night was the street class. Did you get your sled set up for tar?? Lots of fun but really different from the ice and grass... Are you going to make it to the test and tune next Sat. I will be making the trip with the Sx. Give my son a chance to have a bit of fun. Hope to see a good showing from the site.

Back