Excessive stopping power

SRTCummins

Hey guys I'm back again I got the sled running like new again! And what do you know it needed new pilot jets haha. But anyways I was complaining back in the day about the track ratcheting, fixed that. It was a Combination of a loose track and drive chain. But now when your going around let's say 40-90mph if you let off the gas the sled slows down as if I'm holding the brakes. What could cause that?? I know some drag is going to be present but this actually jerks you forward when you let off. Any suggestions??

I also left out that I have a loud howling at like 40 and gets quieter the faster you go or it's just that the sled gets louder then it. But I never touched the parking brake adjustment so I don't know if it moved. When you get to about 25 it doesn't have the nasty stopping power like it would at 40+. At 25 it will keep rolling without the feel of excessive drag.

What is the tension of the track supposed to be like? How much play? And they hyfax haven't been replaced since the sled was bought. Time for new ones?

I`d be double checking the track tension and the chain as well..more so the track...
are the skid wheels/bearings all good?

did it do this prior to the track adjustment and/or chain adjustment?

another thought..what about your brake adjustment? is it a bit too tight, to where when ya get some speed going, the disk gets hot, swells/expands, then gets a bit grabby? (although it seams that usually hot brake disc grab less, just a thought)

did it do this prior to the track adjustment and/or chain adjustment?

another thought..what about your brake adjustment? is it a bit too tight, to where when ya get some speed going, the disk gets hot, swells/expands, then gets a bit grabby? (although it seams that usually hot brake disc grab less, just a thought)

The bearing howl and excessive drag were before I tightened it up I'm just going to put new Hyfax in it and then adjust the track how much tension should their be I guess I'll read the book today lol

Back