Exciter SX Question

robtan88

Hi Guys. Had the boys out on the Exciter SX, and it has been acting the fool. I cleaned the carbs and they were surprisingly clean when I tore them down. Sled idles down really low to were you would think it will quit (500rpm and less) But might come back up to 1500 rpm. Plugs are new but havn,t had it running decent long enough to get an accurate reading on them. However I would say they are running rich. Stock everything, mains and pilots as well. I have moved the clip from 3rd slot to the 2nd, slot, and will put the carbs back in tomorrow. If problem persists, any ideas? mid range- up, seems to pull o.k. but this sled has been more snappier. Thanks for any suggestions...Rob.

Guys. I have found the problem and unleashed the BEAST within. 1 screw on top of the slide linkage under the carb cap had loosened off allowing inconsistancies in were the needle would sit. Something so stupid, and yet so simple. Thanks for the suggestion INLINE4...Rob.

Thanks Tony. Pretty impressive little Ski-boggin. Really need picks in this sled as its all over the place. Loose as hell but what a little rocket...Rob.

Back