For Sale/Trade

robtan88

Hi Guys. After a lot of thought, I have decided to let my 1983 John Deere Sprintfire go. This sled is a trailer queen that was built from 90% NOS (new-old stock) parts. I have a fortune invested in this sled, and believe me it will clean house at vintage snowmobile shows. Never been fired!!!!! I also have the ownership, factory repair manual, owners manual, and a 1983 sales brochure that goes with it. I,m selling it as I would like another nice V Max4 to play with and I would be willing to trade the Sprintfire for another V Max4. The sled is currently listed for $2500. locally. Its a shame to part with this sled, but I just don,t have the heart to put fuel in it and use it as it is as ''out of the crate'' as you will find. I currently have the skis of it for touch ups as it has been moved around the shop so many times and recieved scratches here and there. The sled is located near Simcoe in Ontario Canada, and I can provide more detail if requested or anyone has a new toy for me. Going to attempt to attatch some pictures, but I have the computer stupids. Thank you...Rob

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 109
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 107
This sled is definately for a serious collector. I don,t feel my price is out of line as I have way more into it, and I,m sure you fellows know and understand how much work and $$$$$ it takes to put a vintage sled together of this calibre. Thank you for the time guys......Rob.

Thanks for the compliments Guys. See what I mean when I say I just can,t bring myself to using it as a rider? But it may just come to that....Rob.

Hi guys. Just a little note that the Sprintfire has been sold. Thank you...Rob. Now if I could only find a decent 92 Vmax4 in origional condition that hasn,t been beat to hell, and without travelling half way around the world. If I were to get one from the U.S.A., I would first have to get a passport, then get nailed with our governments share just to get it across the border. Did this once before 3 years ago before the introduction of the passport thing (not a bad thing), but the paperwork thing was a pain.

Back