For someone from Michigan

overdrive75

So I am trying to plan a trip for the TIP of the MIT for 2 days of riding. With the warm up going on I need some info here. How much snow is there really up there, and do you think it will hold for me to be able to ride on March 15th, and 16th. Thanks.

2ft here in the Gaylord, Elmira, Alba area (I here less up that way),
the main trails will be junk after this weekend.

If you know the 2 tracks you should be okay, if not I would save your money and wait for another time.

Ok, next question, the reason I ask is I like the trails by Harbor Springs, and I have a free house in Mackinaw City to stay at. So the the next question is for someone who has been in the yoop the recently and how is the paradise area? Thanks.

30" plus north & west of Newberry(In town almost non existant),Trails twords the falls and further south are snirty due to lack of the seasonal snow.I think I'm going back up this weekend,I wish the cabin we are staying at were larger.I would ask if I could bring a few more people,There are only 4 beds and little floor space.

Someone please tell me there is snow left up north. I know I should have gotten up there this weekend, but please say there is snow left?

overdrive75 said:
Someone please tell me there is snow left up north. I know I should have gotten up there this weekend, but please say there is snow left?

Only in the fields around here.

I was not able to go up this weekend,My buddy I was going with hurt his shoulder so no reports from the UP sorry

It's not too bad here, right now. put 150 miles on the sled tonight. There are some spots that are fairly bare, but the majority of the trails were groomed and felt pretty solid. I ran from East Jordan, to Alba, Macelona, and Elmira. My buddy on a 500 Ski Doo dumped off into a river, so our trip got cut a little on the short side. It's not fantastic, by any means, but I drove up from Chicago...and I'm damn happy I did. :)

not very good up "south" in the u.p., they groomed the trails you can feel the ground in areas(rocks etc.)

Decent here, Grand Rapids... north area, White Pine trail. Rode 100 miles last night, still snowoing this morning.. 8 to 12 inches..on the ground.
Plan on going again tonight.. There forcasting a warm up this weekend..=(
If anyone wants to join up.. let me know.. Ridin solo so far today..

Back