gear reduction

OK guys, i pre-order 3 set of costum gear reduction kit for 800 but adaptable on 750. I have 2 set for sale, and i start the production when both are sale. Possibility to put in to your crank and tig welding. The price are 850$ cdn plus shipping on Canada and 48 lower state and 1150$cdn instaled plus shipping. The timing are at your choice 180 or 90.

PM me for questions.

Last edited:

Hello guys my gear reduction kit are in production now. 3 are or production and ready to ship or installe around november 20. For interressed PM me. The price are 850$ plus shipping anywere in north america. For other country ask for a quote.
The gear are the same style of 800 on the crank and 750 style for the PTO shaft. For the installation the price are 350$ plus shipping. Possible to tig weld and 180 or 90 indexation.

Last edited:
The material are 4340 alloy steel. See the technical chart http://www.suppliersonline.com/propertypages/4340.asp The hardeness is aprox the same to original after heat treatement. Do not have picture for the moment because is in production. Suppose receive it november 25. The crank gear are 800 style and PTO gear are 750 style for less weight. The center of PTO gear are not include, need to use your old center gear.

what is the gear reduction with this reduction combination? Is the PTO gear single like on the 750? Sorry I am confused on the PTO please explain what do you mean by use your old center gear.

I use the center spline and rubber damper from the 750 PTO gear. The reduction are 0.82/1. And yes the PTO gear are single like on the 750 and the crank gear are the same style of 800. I post many picture when i have the gear en hand. For the moment it`s on production. Im order 3 and all is sold. Need 3 or more for a other production. It`s possible at this time to ad more set.

OK guys, i pre-order 3 set of costum gear reduction kit for 800 but adaptable on 750. I have 2 set for sale, and i start the production when both are sale. Possibility to put in to your crank and tig welding. The price are 850$ cdn shipped on Canada and 48 lower state and 1150$cdn instalation and return shipping include. The timing are at your choice 180 or 90.

PM me for questions.

What is the finished hardness in rockwell scale? Is this before or after welding it to the crank? Do you have any time running the gears yet to see how they last and how high of RPM have you tested them at?

Thanks,
Chris

The gear are the exact copie of original. The hardness are the same to original with 0.040-0.045 inch of sementation. On the fact it`s the same quality of original. It`s the first i have but im not scary to run it at 10000rpm and more.

Yamaha had (2) vendors making the gear sets and the hardness varied. A few of the gears failed and caused major distruction. That was why I asked what the hardness is on Rockwell scale.

The other problem is when the gears are welded in place you are actually "Annealing" or softening the gears so that has to be accounted for also.

I have a gear set in my PS 800 and have been working on a newer design gear the offers greater under drive made from 300M (Military Spec) stock.

46/39, incrace torque and reduce clutch RPM and reduce heat on clutch. Also more easy to tune the clutch. For best result the thegin need to run 10000rpm. The clutch run only 8478 rpm. Closer to stock RPM.

Back